OT:Are you a Christian?

Liberty Belle

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm a christian. i find that if you look at christianity from a moralistic viewpoint, it makes absolutely no sense. but the thing about christianity is that it's not suppose to be a way to force moralistic values, rather that someone loves you even though you're not the most moral person.

i tend to believe that a lot of people don't see the difference between fundamental christianity and christians. i know a lot of people here watched Jesus Camp and Friend of God, but those churches were fundamental christian churches. but there are a lot of good churches out there

www.revolutionnyc.com
, that's a website of a dude that got sick of those kinds of christians. he's actually the son of tammy faye and if you get the chance look into his sermons.

yeah i understand some people don't like that America is somewhat overrun by christians, but discriminating based on religion isn't cool man. discrimination between race and religion are the same thing. you would write a thread about how you think a certain race is stupid cause people would label you a racist, but discrimination of religion is the same thing.

watch south park episode: Go God Go... kinda says everything im feeling now.

sorry for the rant, it was just on my mind before work

While I am not a Christian, but still agree with most of your post, I think that saying that discrimination absed on race and religion are the same is more than a little incorrect. You were born whatever color you are. You were not born Christian. And no, you arent born Christian if your parents were Christian when creating you. Sadly, I have heard that argument. And FWIW, I would never hold someone's race or religion against them, unless their religion was harmful to me or the community, which IMO...many are.

I thought that religious topics were immediately locked/closed/deleted? Or is that TGP?

• Members
In my personal experience, people who have a disconnect from spirituality of any form have a tendency to be less successful, more cynical, have a limited sense of service and a thin moral fiber coupled with broken/dysfunctional families. Most of these traits are replaced by a defense mechanism in the form of a typically false confidence and a basic belief of nothing worthwhile. One result seems to be a non-tangible, no-name social system that supports unproductive, unimaginative people who act confident by using "shocking" or edgy tongue-in-cheek musings about topics they know very little about. It's all very funny on the surface, but those confidently "shocky wittsters" are probably the least self-reliant, least educated and most boring people that I have known. I'm not trying to be preachy, I'm just saying it takes a stronger character to believe in
something
than it does to believe in nothing and it seems so {censored}ing pop to have no faith in this age.

This is absolutely brilliant. Tell me you either write or have a background in writing. I wish I could put my thoughts down like that... 'cuz I woulda said just that.

Color me impressed :thu:

• Members

In my personal experience, people who have a disconnect from spirituality of any form have a tendency to be less successful, more cynical, have a limited sense of service and a thin moral fiber coupled with broken/dysfunctional families. Most of these traits are replaced by a defense mechanism in the form of a typically false confidence and a basic belief of nothing worthwhile. One result seems to be a non-tangible, no-name social system that supports unproductive, unimaginative people who act confident by using "shocking" or edgy tongue-in-cheek musings about topics they know very little about. It's all very funny on the surface, but those confidently "shocky wittsters" are probably the least self-reliant, least educated and most boring people that I have known. I'm not trying to be preachy, I'm just saying it takes a stronger character to believe in
something
than it does to believe in nothing and it seems so {censored}ing pop to have no faith in this age.

Where do you live?

It's amazing to me that Christianity is used as some kind of moral justification for Capitalism. How are they related? Or: how can you twist Christian morals (which are sketchy to begin with) to support your line of thinking?

• Members
Where do you live?

It's amazing to me that Christianity is used as some kind of moral justification for Capitalism. How are they related? Or: how can you twist Christian morals (which are sketchy to begin with) to support your line of thinking?

Maybe it's just the way I read his post, but I don't see a reference to Christianity to begin with. For all we know, he's Buddhist. :confused:

I don't see a Capitalist thing in there either. But I'll admit I don't know the exact definition of Capitalism and I'm not very good at reading between the lines sometimes.

• Members

i hate organized religion and the catholic church, they suck and are mass brain washing tools, nothing more.

when i say "christian" i mean a believer in jc, not a follower of anything else, the buck stops there.

churches suck, they feed lies and distorted versions of truth, take all your money and dont pay taxes like everyone else.

religion is a personal thing and thats as far as it goes with me, i dont need hoards of "believers" to gather with just to feel "secure"......

• Members

Where do you live?

I have to admit, you've lost me here. I know that the thread title sites Christianity, but I was referring to Spirituality in general. I never mentioned Christianity.

The last time I checked, Capitalism was basically an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth or the like in which you could be referring to an economic system based on a free market, open competition, profit motive and private ownership of the means of production. Capitalism encourages private investment and business, compared to a government-controlled economy. Investors in these private companies (i.e. shareholders) also own the firms and are known as capitalists. In either case, I don't understand the relation to what you are referencing.

• Members

i hate organized religion and the catholic church, they suck and are mass brain washing tools, nothing more.

when i say "christian" i mean a believer in jc, not a follower of anything else, the buck stops there.

churches suck, they feed lies and distorted versions of truth, take all your money and dont pay taxes like everyone else.

religion is a personal thing and thats as far as it goes with me, i dont need hoards of "believers" to gather with just to feel "secure"......

Yeah, I mean the different translations of the bible, and the fact that almost every detail regarding Jesus' life/history mirrors that of the original Buddha, are enough reason to use the phrase "distorted version of truth". In fact, its enough for me to question whether or not the man even existed. But I still think that someone that wants to model their actions and way of life around Jesus' teachings has the potential to be a great person.

Im rambling.

• Members

Where do you live?

Sorry, I forgot to answer this. I currently live in England and I have been here for about 2 1/2 years. Before the UK, we lived in Japan for 6 years and prior to that I was in the States. I grew up in Rhode Island and lived there for 19 years. I've lived in South Carolina, Texas, New Jersey, Mass, Michigan and Connecticut.

• Members

you dont know {censored} {censored}head,you have no idea and couldnt be further from the truth.

i see youre quik to jump on people tho, great quality there asshole!

stupid {censored}! i bet if you actually read the whole thread you wouldnt have actually said that so your a misinformed {censored}wit too!

• Members

I HATE RELGION
But I Believe in that theres something greater than all of us, theres so much stuff and coincidence for there not to be, check out "the golden ratio"

As for Christianity its gotta be the most bloodsoaked slogan in all of history!!!!!! The Catholic church orderd the killing of millions of women back in the castle days because they thought differantly, they branded them Witches!!!!! and the Crusades!!!!!

But in the end does it really matter what religion anyone is? we're all people right?
we should all sit down and have a few beers instead of fighting each other.

• Members
I'm a Christian. I find this place a cesspool. I came here thinking it would be a great place to discuss Guitars, Amps, Effects, etc. but soon learned that it's just a soapbox for filthy, disgusting hate-mongers with the IQ's of icecubes.

But you relish in the filth. You belong here, sinner. :mad: Yarg!!!! :cry::freak:

• Members

If so, why the theosophy cult avatar?

its the tree of life.

hehehe im a very spiritual person but i reckon that religion dosent let you make up your own mind. i mean i believe in a god of sorts,

(im gunna get the {censored} kicked outa me for this)

but i reckon jesus was just an ordinary guy, no special powers or son of god stuff, i think that over the milleniums its been blown outa proportion, he coulda been just a regular guy, BUT he coulda been a real top decent person with good morals and values and for that he should be respected.

i dunno im in no place to speculate on others, thats what i think

haha everyone gets pretty heated over this topic aye!!

personally i dont care what religion anyone is, its not about what religion someone is, its about their personallity. you can get some asshole christians and nice ones, same with athiests (hope i spelt it right)

Archived