More shiny sparkly box action?

NITEFLY182

• Members

I really should get one but I just haven't had a chance. As I understand it, you let the paint flash and then you put it in the oven for an hour at 150 degrees and it comes out hard as a rock and fully cured?

Nah, the oven gets the paint to dry faster so you can do more layers in less time. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work and if you rush it too much, the result can be unpredictable and often undesirable. I've stopped using it all together.

also it's smell the hell out of your house if you are not careful about venting the place and I've gotten dizzy from fumes on several occasions. Things to think about.

Nice job - it looks very good. :cool:

I still use the toaster oven - I keep one around for baking tapes too... but I tend to go for a lower heat for a longer time than some people.

If anyone plans on using one, make sure you have one that is used ONLY for these sorts of projects. Do NOT use you're mom's / wife's / your household toaster oven, and then use it tomorrow for making toast. Paint can be toxic stuff and you don't want to use the same machine for cooking AND paint drying, or you might wind up looking like this guy -> :freak:

• Members

The pedal is a marshall Guv'nor clone and it sounds awesome. Its nice and loud and has a ton of gain. You can tone it down and play blues or scoop the mids and play metal. Its probably the most versatile basic distortion pedal Ive played in a long time.

• Members
Nice job - it looks very good.
:cool:

I still use the toaster oven - I keep one around for baking tapes too... but I tend to go for a lower heat for a longer time than some people.

If anyone plans on using one, make sure you have one that is used ONLY for these sorts of projects. Do NOT use you're mom's / wife's / your household toaster oven, and then use it tomorrow for making toast. Paint can be toxic stuff and you don't want to use the same machine for cooking AND paint drying, or you might wind up looking like this guy ->
:freak:

As in 2" tape? Why do you bake it?

Archived