EHX Nano Muff Overdrive...Any Good?

Noise...

• Members

Actually, NO, it does NOT sound like a fuzz. It sounds like an OVERDRIVE, which is what it is labeled.

The one that I had was not bad at all. Single volume/gain knob. Good for a "peppered" boost, if that makes any sense.

Just how much gain will it get? A good low overdrive? I'm seriously not looking for much more than just low-gain. As it is, I usually play clean with effects. I'd like some low-gain dirt though...

Will it fit the bill? Also, was it true bypass?

• Members

I built a Muff Fuzz myself, it's somewhere between an overdrive and a fuzz. I think 'torn speaker' pretty much sums it up. Through an already overdriven amp it will sound much smoother.

I agree my double muff (even in single mode) sounds more fuzzy than any other overdrives I've ever tried. it sounds nothing like a boss overdrive for example.

• Members

I may pick one up then. It sounds like it could be just what I'm looking for.

Has anyone else had issues with it in a daisy-chain?

I use batteries and I have a double muff.......how much more is the double muff? I think it's a better buy, in single mode it is the same thing....plus you have double mode if you want more noise!!

• Members

how so? i use my LPB-1 with a daisy chain and it works well. it does have a battery in it right now though... doesn't the power source bypass the battery though?

It is only a problem with the Muff OD and the nano clone. They both have positive ground, while all the other pedals on the chain have negative ground- creating problems.

• Members

It is only a problem with the Muff OD and the nano clone. They both have positive ground, while all the other pedals on the chain have negative ground- creating problems.

Ah...

How fast will it eat batteries then?

Or, should I just get a Double Muff instead?

• Members

I use batteries and I have a double muff.......how much more is the double muff? I think it's a better buy, in single mode it is the same thing....plus you have double mode if you want more noise!!

Ah - missed this post. :idea:

I think the Double-muff runs about $65 or so, IIRC.

The Muff OD is $45.

I'd spend $20 in batteries pretty quickly, so Double Muff it is. :thu:

• Members

Ah - missed this post.
:idea:

I think the Double-muff runs about $65 or so, IIRC.

The Muff OD is $45.

I'd spend $20 in batteries pretty quickly, so Double Muff it is.
:thu:

they are both very very easy on batteries, so I wouldn't worry too much. Don't forget the double muff will need an adaptor on your daisy chain, because it's the old mini jack style DC socket.

• Members

they are both very very easy on batteries, so I wouldn't worry too much. Don't forget the double muff will need an adaptor on your daisy chain, because it's the old mini jack style DC socket.

I don't mind. I just went and listened to the clips on Musician's Friend, and it sounds awesome.

Does it clean up well with lower settings? The MF clips were all pretty high-gain.

• Members

I don't mind. I just went and listened to the clips on Musician's Friend, and it sounds awesome.

Does it clean up well with lower settings? The MF clips were all pretty high-gain.

the double muff, yeah it cleans up a treat. :thu:

it's very dynamic to, strum lightly for clean...dig in for dirt!!

• Members

Perfect - EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

Thanks for all the info.
:thu:

oh a couple more things, it cleans up best without a buffered pedal in front of it...idealy your guitar straight into it....and it doesn't like wah pedals very much.

• Members

oh a couple more things, it cleans up best without a buffered pedal in front of it...idealy your guitar straight into it....and it doesn't like wah pedals very much.

That's where I'm planning on putting it - It should be; Guitar>Double Muff>DE7>Flanger Hoax>amp.

As for Wah pedals, I'm not into them much, so that's not an issue. :thu:

Archived