Fuzz experts: April Wine question

• Members

I do not know, but I saw them open for Blue Oster Cult. They rocked. One guitarist played a strat and the other played a Les Paul. They both had Marshall stacks. I love the part in "I Like to Rock" where they play I think it is a lick from "Day Tripper" by the Beatles and Keef's lick from "I can't get no satisfaction" over the Beatle's lick, then their own riff from the song over those two.

• Members

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I am giving it a listen again and it just sounds so friggin' cool, but very mysterious to me how that sound was created. I hear the comments on rolling the tone off, but it just seems to have a very trebly bite to it too. It seems to me that it is definitely a pedal of some sort, not just an amp. I do not have experience with a Tonebender Mk II -- can you point out some songs that you know it was used in?

I have not heard "you could have been a lady" but I want to after your fuzz face comment. They are a cool band, that's for sure.

• Members

Dismiss my comments if I'm off base but I think I read that they used a harmonizers in a lot of their stuff. :confused: I play Just Between You and Me through a Zoom G2.1u using the harmonizer and it gets pretty close, good enough for home use but not quite exact.

Archived