Help me get the "British Invasion" effect from Apple's Garageband in a pedal version

MrVibrolux

• Members

I dont use distortion, it's really not a part of my "sound". However, using Apple's garageband software, I've fell in love with the "British Invasion" sound. Can ANYONE here tell me what gain/distortion pedal will get me closest to this effect?

I use a Ibanez AS-200 through a fender Vibrolux. I do have a RAT pedal but I dont like it.

• Members

sell the fender and get a vox ac30 with blue speakers... is the answer I fear you don't wanna hear!! a lot of that sound comes from that amp and speaker combination. I don't know if a pedal will do the job, maybe an amp modeler might get you close.

• Members

I think the English Muff'n simulates a Plexi, so it might work for the 60's Townshend or Page sound.

http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F01%5FNew%5FProducts%2F10%5FEnglish%5FMuff'n

very true, it depends on what 'British Invation' is modelled after, to me it means jangly vox with springy speakers, but I guess equally it could mean cranked early marshall sound I suppose?

.....How would I know? you're the ones that were invaded by it whatever sound it was!!!!! :D

Archived