OT:Punk Rock Skinny...How to?

Seth Bean

• Members

Ok...to start off....im in the process of helping a film school buddy of mine make a movie for an upcoming festival...and its going ot be one of his longest yet...1hr 30m ish......so its a pretty big deal to him. Well i owe him some favors and he says that he'll wave them if i do the main role for free. The thing is...is that the the main role is a heroin addict guy who is in this sonic youth esque band and the character needs to be super skinny.

Now here's my thing...ive been asking around at like nutrional places and stuff how i can get really skinny really fast. And so far they have given no results. Mostly because i need to be skinny and not much body muscle either.

Has anyone everyseen the move Last DAys....I need to be that skinny lol.. or for another comparison for people that haven't seen it...think kurt cobain...

Currently im 6'1" and i weigh about 215...and i need ot be at my movie weight by late january early feb....

Any advice on like an estimated weight goal..as far as like pounds go....and and advice in getting there...be it workout routines...diets....supplets(herbel only) or any other advice.......also remember that i can't gain too much muscle in the process...a little is ok..but not too much.......and remmber..think Kurt Cobain...or any other late 80s early 90s punk rock musician....

• Members

i got the verification of the body build....we no...and i had a phisical...and the doctor said that at my current helath that i would be able to do it...and not COMPLETELY destroy myself...like id recover from it without any problems..or hsould....but yah i know i CAN do it...i just need to know how

• Members

Try meth, cigarettes, and/or sticking your finger down your throat after eating.

show me a picture of yourself without a shirt, right now.

some people can't get that way. it's just not possible. i only want the pic so i can see your body build. i suggest only eating salad. lettuce, spinach.

Sure you do. We all remember your old avatar. :D

• Members

You should ask Christian Bale...

Yeah, I didn't really wanna post that pic again cuz it's disturbing, but he was the guy I was immediately thinking about. He got pretty skinny for "Velvet Goldmine", like 70's rock start skinny, and says he at first tried lots of jogging to lose weight without gaining much muscle, then talked to his mother and she said "we just drank a lot back then." No food, just alchohol. So that's what he says he did, don't know how literally. For the machinist (picture above) he literally stopped eating. Completely. For months. I wouldn't suggest it, but other movie stars have also done this for skinny roles (Matt Damon had an early role as a drug-addict GI, did the same thing). I'd say lower your calorie intake and walk everywhere that you possibly can.

• Members

well... i cycle and it's a great way to burn huge amounts of calories, though if you don't replace most of them you won't get too far too fast. alot of pro cyclists weigh in the 140 range, though they prolly aren't as tall as you.

i would say something like 4 or 5 small portions a day, watch the fat and the carbs. eat things like skinless chicken breasts and some steamed veggies. water. no beer, no soda. coffee is good because if its black is essentially calorie free and an upper. it won't be fun i'll tell you that.

and if you're not the nervous type, get some herbal diet aids (which are essentially like speed, in that they jack up your metabolism and heart rate and suppress appetite.) in the days right before filming you could prolly do stuff to lose water-weight.

-ps. the thing about fasting is it works if your committed to it. otherwise not eating for a few days is a good way to mess with your metabolism and then have it shoot way up and store every bit of what you eat when u finally break down. also, exercise when you body doesn't have crabs and sugar to burn, so it has to eat up fat stores.

man, i hope you're getting paid for this.

• Members

There's really no healthy way to do it. Obviously working out a lot and eating less will result in losing weight, but not the sort of heroin addict skinny you want. You could do it by basically starving yourself, but once the shoot is over, you'll have a hell of a time rebuilding muscle and getting back to a healthy weight.

Christian Bale's Machinist diet was apples and tuna in small portions, but it took a military trainer kicking his ass for a year to get him back to American Psycho/Batman shape.

• Members

found this.... answer... one apple and a can of tuna.

The producers of the film claim that Christian Bale dropped from about 180 pounds in weight down to about 120 pounds in weight to make this film. They also claim that Bale actually wanted to drop down to 100 pounds, but that they would not let him go below 120 out of fear that his health could be in too much danger if he did. His diet consisted of one can of tuna and an apple per day. His 63-pound weight loss is said to be a record for any actor for a movie role. He since gained the weight back for his role in Batman Begins (2005)

• Members

found this.... answer... one apple and a can of tuna.

The producers of the film claim that Christian Bale dropped from about 180 pounds in weight down to about 120 pounds in weight to make this film. They also claim that Bale actually wanted to drop down to 100 pounds, but that they would not let him go below 120 out of fear that his health could be in too much danger if he did. His diet consisted of one can of tuna and an apple per day. His 63-pound weight loss is said to be a record for any actor for a movie role. He since gained the weight back for his role in Batman Begins (2005)

and this is basically anorexic. haha, sorry to pound on you, but i just think something in between is more what this guy's looking for.

I'd say stick with vegetables. and not much of anythign that'll give you muscle. the way you describe you wanna be skin and bones. dude didn't have any muscle except in his arms a bit and calfs.

• Members

I'm 6', 135lbs if you need a body double, as a bonus I can act like a junky.:thu:

how to be skinny;

#1. skip breakfast, and lunch (but drink coffee & smoke a few cigarettes)

#b. eat some food but drink more coffee to.

#3. don't snack

#4. to lose muscle, just stop doing stuff.

• Members

To reaffirm: Eat a lot less period. Do you like oatmeal? Try that for breakfast, then something else mid-afternoon. Eating at night is a no because of slower metabolic rate during sleep. Regularly engage in mild stimulants for higher metabolism and suppressed appetite. The only real exercise you should do is walking and maybe some low-vigor jogging.

Addendum: Drink lots of water. Helps stave off the empty stomach sensation.

Archived