How do you place different levels of gain in the signal chain?

• Members

I know thats the truth, there is definately no right and wrong answers in this I just wanted people's opinions. Thinking of building a 3-in-a-box fuzz pedal and just wondered how everyone else deals with this

use separete in's and out's for each pedal, then with a few small patch cords you can put them in any order you like.

• Members

i normally go low-to-high gain too, the only exception is that i have my Timmy (set for low gain od) last. just seems to sound better there.

i know others who put theirs high-to-low.
some people have certain 'rules' to organizing dirt pedals:

• Members

I go Octron (High up is a fuzzy/overdriven octave sound) - Fuzz Factory - Box of Rock - Sex Drive - Carb - Eternity - Cusack Screamer Fuzz - Rat - Mayo - Boost n Buff

So i mix it up a little, but it normally goes up in gain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I run heavy to light going into the amp. Currently I use an OCD as my main rythm, then hit a micro amp or light overdrive after it for a lead boost. I play in a two guitar band, so just boosting the gain by placing a lighter drive or boost before it, doesn't work for me, as it boosts more gain than volume.

• Members

I've always gone with

Boost - OD - Dist - Fuzz

Going from low to high gain.

But when it comes to multiple fuzz pedals how do you stack them? Would you go Fuzz Face - Tonebender - Big Muff or would you do it differently?

which of those three would you consider the "high gain" fuzz and which the "low gain" fuzz? what are you getting soundwise out of stacking those three? it just seems crazy to me to mix those sounds together.

Archived