does a delay exist with these features?

arcadesonfire

• Members

I've been using a build your own clone delay with an fx loop (in which i put a cool cat chorus for some interesting delay sounds) for a while now, but i think i really do need something with tap tempo. I'm hesitant to put one of those big digital modelers on my pedal board though because it currently consists of all custom-built, top spec stomp boxes.

But, i shouldn't let principles get in the way of practicality, right?

So, here's what i'm looking for in a delay, in order of my priorities: tap tempo, true bypass (and a dry signal that doesn't get hurt when the delay is engaged), modulation for the delay signal, and perhaps multitap delay and eq and gain controls for the delayed sounds. Looping and extraordinary delay times aren't necessary (but i'm figuring any such pedal will probably have looping).

Does such a thing exist?

thanks

• Members

Obviously, the DL-4 does all that.

i've heard that it degrades the dry signal though (by way of a volume drop),

i'll be looking into the Memory Lane pedal, but there aren't any dealers here in new york! and i don't have a car with which to drive to Jersey. Why don't the big time manufacturers make a pedal like that?

• Members

i've heard that it degrades the dry signal though (by way of a volume drop),

i'll be looking into the Memory Lane pedal, but there aren't any dealers here in new york! and i don't have a car with which to drive to Jersey. Why don't the big time manufacturers make a pedal like that?

Only the analog and tape models do ( :mad: ). I'm using the lo-res delay with the tone down a bit for my "analog" delay and a digital one with the highs rolled off a bit for my rhythmic style delay.

I think using it in true bypass mode causes a volume drop, too.

It sounds fine in the trails mode. I'm not sure why you're so set on true bypass. Especially if all of your pedals are true bypass.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

tap tempo, true bypass (and a dry signal that doesn't get hurt when the delay is engaged), modulation for the delay signal, and perhaps multitap delay and eq and gain controls for the delayed sounds

TC Electronic Nova Delay?

Has a knob to go from tape through analog through digital.

Not sure on the gain control, but it has a Mix knob.

KILLER TONE. Tap Tempo is a breeze. Not too big. Does a lot but not complicated.

They're starting to show up used, but new they're only $249 shipped.

• Members
Dude, Show us pics of your board!!!

I love my Dl4, and i have never seemed to have any problems, i dont use the delay features much just the looper and the delay that is on the looper.

Great pedal!

If only Line6 brought out a version of the DL-4 that just did this in a smaller box and for less money. Its the only thing i've ever used on that pedal.

some of the delays are nice for noise, drones and ambience but otherwise i just find them a bit weak and tedious.

in saying that though, the looper on it is the best i've used so far.
hows the SMMw/H compare ?

woah, got way OT here.

Yea, i'd try the Memory Lane, or the EHX SMMw/H if your willing to go mainstream :)
I think the ehx would be more versitile + its got a looper.

Archived