Question for Korg DT-10 Users

placebo62

• Members

yeah I use output because I like the silent tuning... but I never noticed too much a difference in tone. I remember thinking that the bypass function didn't tune as well as the output function, that it was less accurate, but I haven't actually used the bypass function in a long time so I can't really remember.

• Members

interesting

I'd been using just the output for a long time, then last night switched to Bypass to see what it was like. there was a noticable difference.

I have the DT-10 right at the start of my chain.

Another question is, a lot of people say that you shouldnt use a buffered pedal like the dt-10 before fuzz face type pedals, I have about 10 pedals with the dt10 at the start, the only way I can see that you could take a fuzz face style pedal out is with a bypass loop box - which isnt always practcal. Is that the only solution?

• Members

I use the Korg and there is a very slight difference in tone when it's in the chain.

It adds a wee bit of treble, hard to pick up unless you listen very closely.

Maybe that's the sound of the buffer.

In any case, I don't think it matters and may even be a benefit, esp. with a bunch of TBP'd pedals on your board.

It's such an easy and fast tuner to use.

best tuner bargain out there.

• Members

Another question is, a lot of people say that you shouldnt use a buffered pedal like the dt-10 before fuzz face type pedals, I have about 10 pedals with the dt10 at the start, the only way I can see that you could take a fuzz face style pedal out is with a bypass loop box - which isnt always practcal. Is that the only solution?

put the fuzz Face first?

• Members

I can't say I noticed anything. I put mine in a tuner mute loop now but the benefit is only noticable to bats and dogs really. I'm planning on using it as a splitter for stereo applications soon. That's right, you can use two outputs at once. Brilliant pedal.

• Members

I can't say I noticed anything. I put mine in a tuner mute loop now but the benefit is only noticable to bats and dogs really. I'm planning on using it as a splitter for stereo applications soon. That's right, you can use two outputs at once. Brilliant pedal.

Thats what i've started doing. The output that mutes to the the dirty amp and non muted output to clean amp.

Now i can mute my dirty amp for cleans and then have both running for an interesting mix.

• Members

I use the Korg and there is a very slight difference in tone when it's in the chain.

It adds a wee bit of treble, hard to pick up unless you listen very closely.

Maybe that's the sound of the buffer.

In any case, I don't think it matters and may even be a benefit, esp. with a bunch of TBP'd pedals on your board.

It's such an easy and fast tuner to use.

best tuner bargain out there.

You also should consider the possibility that it's not adding treble, but restoring the treble that you lose without a good buffer. :)

Archived