Vintage Roland Space Echo RE-201 Research

deekboutique

• Members

Use to have a RE201 tape delay space echol long ago and totally miss the sound. Sold it off cos it was breaking down. Now I'm looking a picking one up again - it'll be a while since I don't have the coin and I'm not in any rush. I want to do my homework this time (I got burned last time). Anyway, so I'm looking for feedback, expertise, comprehensive websites (other than wiki). Like I remember reading long ago that Roland changed the DC motors throughout the life of the space echo and some were more quieter than others. You could tell by serial number. Also, what's up with some of them having coloured rings around the input/output jacks and others didn't. Some had different lids (more flat) as oppose to the ones I see more frequently with the side lips on the lids. Anyway, input would be great on the differences and nuances between the various RE-201 - I know some gearhound has studied these suckers well. And any thing else I should know, avoid, look for, when I'm asking potential sellers about these awesome units. Please no recommendations on other similar sounding effects - I'm just interested in obtaining info on the RE201. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

believe it or not, there isnt a ton of info on them online anymore.

i had one for the better part of 2 years till i sold it a few months back. it was pretty sweet. i miss it every day. the RE20 will substitute just fine though.

Archived