Verb - Massively OTT

Daryl Chaney

• Members

:poke:

reverb.

I have an Alesis nanoverb atm, it works, but its a bit big, and i've heard much nicer + it has to be bypassed with a TB loop and its very fiddly live.

my choices are

TC Electronic Nova Reverb (NR-1)

TECH 21 Boost R.V.B.

What i need in a reverb is the usual nice spring etc reverbs, but i also need absolutley MASSIVE reverbs, huge plate reverbs with very large times, and decays.

basically i need to be able to swim in reverb.

thats why i've left out other reverbs that i know cant do the OTT reverbs. And im not in the business to start getting Rack gear, i've got too much stuff already.

So anyone used eithier of these verbs ? i went to my local guitar shops yesterday, only 1 place out of 5 knew what i was talking about and even then they didnt have it in stock. Ridiculous.

• Members

damnit i knew this would turn into a "get a boss dude, it rocks" :freak:

i need huge reverb ! , the Boss RV-5/RV-3 suck for that, all they do is nice sharp tiny reverb. multiply that reverb by 10 and your about where im looking at.

i also cant beleive people voted for the RRR, it doesnt have huge reverb ! i added the (cause it looks cool) for a laugh and general social experiment. :evil:

suppose i'll start checking out rack reverbs, and try and play the TC NR-1 if any of those stupid shops get it in stock in the next 6 months. (AVOID DUBLIN for all MUSICAL AND ARTISTIC ENDEAVOURS)

• Members

The RV-5 does modulated reverb?

Would that be like playing in a room who's size is constantly expanding and contracting?

Yes and no. You'd get the most modulated sound as the walls reached maximum acceleration (when they switch from expanding to contracting and vice versa) but the reverb decay would change as well in accordance with the sound of the room, which isn't what the modulated reverb effect does.

A better analogy would be to be in a revolving room. That way the room in any one place is expanding/contracting (as you go from centre wall to a corner) but essentially the room size stays the same.

I think.

• Members

Have you played an RRR? It has about the same range as most reverb pedals...if you want huge try stacking that with a Reverbamate or your amp's reverb.

I havent had the chance to play an RRR, but i have talked at length with DR. Scientist about this reverb, and what im looking for.

I've love to get one, but it wont suit all my needs for a reverb.

the whole idea here is to have less pedals/gear.

I dont have amp reverb, or other reverbs atm, and this is being used on Bass so it needs to be "bigger" than usual reverb for guitar. I also need it to be very versitile. so in my eyes its Rack reverb or the TC NR-1. tell me otherwise though.

• Members

Have you ever played an rv-3? %100 wet + really long trails seems pretty huge to me. :idk: But hey, I'm not buying it right, so that doesn't matter.

I've heard the TC isn't very good for what you are going for... heard it does fantastic short-med verbs but not great huge verbs. Maybe it does do a great huge verb, but theres not much control or options or something. can't remember

Archived