My callouses are becoming mighty

Destructobot

• Members

I like it, makes bends easier and reminds me I'm playing more often than I used to. Having tough fingertips is one of those things that really justifies the old "tone is in the fingers" line. It's kinda cool being able to tap my fingers on the table and get a nice sound but not feel a thing :)

• Members

Callouses are great, sometimes.

I not only have the callouses from having played guitar for 10+ years, but on top of them I have the callouses of a professional mechanic which simply dwarf my wimpy old guitar callouses. I actually saw the mechanic callous on my right index finger steal the lunch money from my left ring finger the other day - no lie.

Perfect for playing guitar for hours & not having and discomfort in the tips of yo' fingers.

Lousy for playing with my 4 1/2 month old son. I can tell he's soft, but I have to use the back of my hand to really feel it. :cry:

• Members

I guess I'm weird, I've never really had callouses at all. Even when I was playing upright bass for 3-4 hours a day for 5 years in college I never really had callouses like a lot of people get

True. All kidding aside, I don't really have anything you can see on my fingers. The tips are hardish, but there is no thick layer of extra boney mass. That said, they are tough as $hit.

• Members

I have tougher tips on my fingers but I dont do a massive amount of bending so my callouses are minor from having a light touch. Most people only have callouses on a few of their fretting hand fingers but I spend so much time tapping that I have the same level of toughness on 8 fingers (thumbs dont to much picking ;) )

• Members

True. All kidding aside, I don't really have anything you can
see
on my fingers. The tips are hardish, but there is no thick layer of extra boney mass. That said, they are tough as $hit.

It has always grossed me out when people get those big nasty white blister-like callouses. That {censored} is disgusting

Archived