A real work of art.

jb1911

• Members

You should be able to... it says its negative tip.

yeah thats weird. On the directions to my MP Classic it says don't daisy chain the PNP or Classic versions because they are positive ground. It doesn't say anything about the MKII though.

btw...I love my MonsterPiece :)

edit: I LOVE the dials on yours

• Members

Holy hell that's the cleanest wiring I've ever seen. :eek: Really inspiring for a DIY'er like me. I think he's probably using solid core wiring since it'd be damn hard to do that with stranded. Even my pre-tinned stranded can't stay in the positions I put it in.

Anyone else have gut shots from this brand?

• Members
wow
:eek:
how is it compared to other tonebender type pedals? i thought i remembered somebody telling me that this is
the
fuzz for that beatles tone. sure is purdy

It'll do Beatles, Led Zep, Jeff Beck, it's the MKII that I'm gonna keep forever.

• Members
It's wired so you can use a neg tip adapter, but the PNP transistors are still pos ground. You'll destroy your power supply if you don't have one dedicated to this pedal.

Bingo! This is the case for the Monsterpiece Classic, PNP, and MKII pedals. They either need to be powered with a battery or their own dedicated 9volt center negative adapter (typical Boss/Danelectro will do). If you have something like the Pedal Power II that has discrete power outs, then that is not an issue.

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone :)

• Members

Hey Richard, send me that paypal invoice monday sometime and I'll pay you first thing tuesday morning, which will be still be monday night to you!! :thu:

classic/NPN! :eek:

I can't wait to hear it with my new amp!

just you lot wait until you see mine!!! it's gonna be sweet! :D

• Members

Yeah, it's not a straight copy. After reading this article http://82.110.105.12/stompboxes.co.uk/gpage1.html2.html I learned that mine is actually closer to the MK 1.5 Tone Bender, but still not exactly the same.

I did have one of the Late 90's / early 00's ?? (not sure of the exact time frame) reissue Sola Sound Tonebender Professional MKII's and interestingly enough it was a 2 transistor circuit, so go figure :D

• Members

That's what I thought.
The MK1.5 is closer to a Fuzz Face... very different from a MKII, which has the extra gain stage.
From my experience, the MK1.5 and Fuzz Face are touch sensitive and clean up, but the MKII is pretty much full thick Fuzz all the time.

• Members
That's what I thought.

The MK1.5 is closer to a Fuzz Face... very different from a MKII, which has the extra gain stage.

From my experience, the MK1.5 and Fuzz Face are touch sensitive and clean up, but the MKII is pretty much full thick Fuzz all the time.

Yeah, it is close to the Fuzz Face circuit wise, but different enough to not sound exactly the same. Plus with the little tweaks I have done... it can go from mild to wild, but it's all very musical :D

You're spot on about the touch sensitivity part.. very dynamic. Extrememly responsive to your picking and guitar's volume knob

Archived