Any Adrenalinn Owners Out There?

Jeremy Skrenes

• Members

I just picked up a version 1 for $130, thinking of upgrading since the kit is only $99. Anybody else out there have one of these? They're pretty far out boxes. If you've got one, how do you use it and what settings do you recommend?

I have always been keen to try one out, i dont really understand them though, it has drum beats in it right?

• Members

I use the Adrenalinn2 for recording and jamming. It synchs effects to the beat of the Drum machine. It's good for writing using headphones at night. I can bypass the Amp modeling and use a fuzz or distortion with the effects. I have it Midied to a guitar synth to play a bass line. So with guitar, bass and drums, I'm a one man band. :)

• Members

They're cool as hell, especially if you like tweaking stuff. Select a preset, start playing, and it sounds totally useless. Kick in the drum machine, and the filters start syncing themselves up with the drum machine. Change drum beats and the filters resync themselves to the new beats.

You can completely edit the drum machine with a two measure loop having something different happening every 16th note. You can get reggae or swing-based tremolos (probably something similar to the zvex tremolo), moog and other styles filters, traditional effects like chorus and flange, and totally out-there effects like attack-sensitive flanging (think of an envelope filter but instead of the envelope following your picking, the flange does).

If you watch ebay and musicgoround.com, you should be able to find an adrenalinn I for $100-150. An upgrade kit to the III model is only $100, and a new Adrenalinn III runs $4-500. So I'm thinking of buying the upgrade kit, since there are some pretty obvious things missing from the model I, such as an octave fuzz, compression, and built in tuner. The III has all of those things.

Archived