Russian EHX Pedals...Are they True-Bypass like the USA versions?

Noise...

• Members

MMM, not sure but what i have now is the blank PCB,enclosure and 3PDT everything else got thrown out.

you do have to know a little bit about stompboxes but its not hard, i only been making effects under 2 years.

my favorite BMP's the current NYC muff, i modded my LBM into a NYC muff as well.

I'm thinking maybe a NYC muff with different transistors and a better tone stack is a possibility.....

if all one wanted to do is turn a sovtek bmp into a NYC BMP its not hard and amounts to swapping out a few parts is all.

:wave:

From the ones I've tried and clips I've heard, I like the NYC version best as well. That being said, I've never had the chance to hear an old Sovtek Green version.

Any experience with the normal NYC BMP on bass?

• Members

I had terrible bypass on a russian muff i owned.....TERRIBLE..

but I TB'd it and all was good,.... i very much doubt any of the others are

The green sovtek muff I owned also had terrible bypass. As in probably the worst I have come across. This was probably 12-15 years ago so true bypass wasn't something I'd ever heard before.

• Members

Not worthless at all. It's not so much that I care if they're true bypass or not - but more that I care if they suck tone. If they're buffered well I don't mind a bit.

Since you have two Russian pedals, have you noticed any tone-suckage with either of them?

i had a russian phaser and sounded better than the american one i also had, but they weren't tb and sucked tone while they were off

• Members

i had a russian phaser and sounded better than the american one i also had, but they weren't tb and sucked tone while they were off

Ah...that really kills it for me. :(

I hate tone-suckage.

Has anyone else had issues with tone-suckage on them?

• Members

keep in mind that to whatever %, its tone-suckiness
is
gonna be rig-dependent.

this is true, let's see:

It sucked with:

Tom Anderson Drop Top Classic and Fender Stratocaster from the custom shop thru a Lizard Green Fender Prosonic combo OR Tremoverb combo modded by VoodooAmps OR Budda Sd 80 Head thru an Orange cab and and Avatar 2x12 and a Bogner OS 2x12.

The chains were:

Germ Prescription-Teese wah or Budda Wah-Fulldrive2-EITHER a Choralflange or a Minichorus-Phaser-EITHER a DD3 or Guyatone delay or Red Repeat or Mad Professor Deep Blue

delay.

The other chain has a Germ prescription-Teese wah-Cusack Screamer-Zvex SHO-Timmy-EITHER a Choralflange or an Analogman Minichorus-and a Deep Blue Delay.

The things sucked tone even when they were ran directly from any of the guitars to the amps.

• Members

The things sucked tone even when they were ran directly from any of the guitars to the amps.

Exactly, that's the case you know suck will happen. Or any case that simulates it (true bypass, everything off). Stick a Boss pedal in front, it sounds pretty much like the Boss pedal, or at least better than 2 Boss pedals. In that case the sound with the phaser (or a Muff) turned on will be brightened too.

• Members

Exactly, that's the case you know suck will happen. Or any case that simulates it (true bypass, everything off). Stick a Boss pedal in front, it sounds pretty much like the Boss pedal, or at least better than 2 Boss pedals. In that case the sound with the phaser (or a Muff) turned on will be brightened too.

Yeap, it is just that i felt offended when LS6.... talked about suckage depending on my rig, grrrrrr.hhahahhahaha.

I forgot the Vibroking too.

hehehhehe

Archived