I have an idea too!

Small Stone

• Members

There have been a few over time (Ibanez made a couple, Aria had one, as examples)

One design consideration is that, you are talking mainly HW there so they tend to be, basically "pedals" in an integrated housing whereas todays Digital multiFX are typically gen purpose DSP engines that load different SW so there's more flexibility using a common HW platform

• Members

It kinda is counter to the point. A multi-fx uses the same hardware to do different things, using what is basically a computer running code to process the sound. Analog effects have very specific components doing a single thing, so there's no easy way to have a true analog multi-fx. You could put multiple analog FX in a single package, which has been done before. But other than space-saving, there's no real advantage.

• Members

One design consideration is that, you are talking mainly HW there so they tend to be, basically "pedals" in an integrated housing whereas todays Digital multiFX are typically gen purpose DSP engines that load different SW so there's more flexibility using a common HW platform

dudewaitwhat.jpg

• Members

I don't think there's much point to it. Look at the ones that have been posted, it's just several analog boxes in one huge, unwieldy enclosure. It just makes more sense to keep them separate, although the CC2 is an exception because so many people use that particular combination of effects types and Foxrox makes excellent stuff. Look on ebay for an Ibanez PEU5, or PUE5, not sure which.

• Members

Microsynth.

I wouldn't mind something with a short (less than 300 ms) delay, a filter of some type, an LFO, a S+H, an expression/CV in or two, and a drive section. Maybe have a digital microcontroller to be able to change settings that isn't in the signal path, allowing the whole effect to be analog.

Archived