Rate My Pedalboard

Roadstar II

• Members
You ohio state loving son of a bitch
:mad:
:mad:

Actually, I got the avatar from a hilarious thread in the Guitar Jam forum. I'm more of an Arizona fan, since that's my alma mater.

And this thread was somewhat of a joke, because I don't think you can really call what I posted a pedalboard. Especially when you consider some of the monstrous (and awesome) collections many people around here are toting. However, a delay and tuner is really all I need. If I need pedal dirt, I use a Keeley Rat. I have a few other pedals, but I don't use them on a regular enough basis to keep them plugged in all the time.

• Members
n10100677_36444992_6302.jpg

I don't really understand the sentiments expressed in your signature.

I play other people's songs sometimes, but I generally play them on my own guitar.

Anyway Delay is cool, but it's weird that you have a tuner after. Tuner is usually the first thing in the chain. putting it after effects can make it confused and jumpy and bad.

I give your board two stars out of five, because it's extremely limited, and you have the tuner in the wrong place. The reason you got any stars at all is because delay is one of my favorite effects and can do all kinds of cool stuff (especially in conjunction with other effects, but also alone).

• Members

I play other people's songs sometimes, but I generally play them on my own guitar.

Anyway Delay is cool, but it's weird that you have a tuner after. Tuner is usually the first thing in the chain. putting it after effects can make it confused and jumpy and bad.

I give your board two stars out of five, because it's extremely limited, and you have the tuner in the wrong place. The reason you got any stars at all is because delay is one of my favorite effects and can do all kinds of cool stuff (especially in conjunction with other effects, but also alone).

true except for with fuzzes. a lot of fuzzes don't like buffered pedals (most tuners) before them, for reasons i don't fully understand

• Members

true except for with fuzzes. a lot of fuzzes don't like buffered pedals (most tuners) before them, for reasons i don't fully understand

Hmmm... I always run my fuzzes after buffered pedals... but then again, I'm almost always using my fuzz after an overdrive that's turned on, so I guess that changes things. Boosting fuzz is just great.

• Members

Well, the operative word in my signature is "only." I just meant that people who play nothing but other bands' songs should branch out and write their own material.

So tuners should go first in the chain? I was under the impression that they were supposed to go last. I've always done distortion--modulation--tuner, and never had any problems. Then again, I'm somewhat of a novice when it comes to effects

• Members

Well, the operative word in my signature is "only." I just meant that people who play nothing but other bands' songs should branch out and write their own material.

So tuners should go first in the chain? I was under the impression that they were supposed to go last. I've always done distortion--modulation--tuner, and never had any problems. Then again, I'm somewhat of a novice when it comes to effects

If you put it after any effects, it should be only dirt. Many modulation effects alter the pitch or envelope in some way, and can fool the tuner. Dirt may actually smooth out the signal and give you a better result, though some may add so many harmonics that it will also confuse the tuner. Of course, you can just turn all of your effects off when you tune, and then it doesn't make a difference.

• Members

If you put it after any effects, it should be only dirt. Many modulation effects alter the pitch or envelope in some way, and can fool the tuner. Dirt may actually smooth out the signal and give you a better result, though some may add so many harmonics that it will also confuse the tuner. Of course, you can just turn all of your effects off when you tune, and then it doesn't make a difference.

Oh, so you referring to tuning accuracy when the pedals are on? Gotcha. Yeah, I usually just tune with everything off, even dirt. But yeah, I can definitely see how modulation would throw off the pitch. As far as tone quality goes, does it matter where the tuner is?

Archived