Wah Sweeping mods to adjust the sweep

Walters9515

• Members

But the sweeping is not fluid and is still missing steps

1.) It could be a taper problem with the wah pot

What other components or causes , can cause the wah sweep to not be watery,fluid, sweep curvy?

What are some mods to do to adjust the sweep,fine tune the sweep ?

2.) The main problem is when u move the wah pedal back and forth there is someting missing thats not making it sound watery,fluid, sweep is curvy like jimi hendrix's wah at woodstock

Jimi hendrix's wah at woodstock when he was moving it up and down was very fluid,watery and the sweep was amazing

The dunlop has a 100K pot i heard the hendrix was 470K would this make a difference ?

• Members

What other components or causes , can cause the wah sweep to not be watery,fluid, sweep curvy?

2.) The main problem is when u move the wah pedal back and forth there is someting missing thats not making it sound watery,fluid, sweep is curvy like jimi hendrix's wah at woodstock

Jimi hendrix's wah at woodstock when he was moving it up and down was very fluid,watery and the sweep was amazing

The dunlop has a 100K pot i heard the hendrix was 470K would this make a difference ?

Hendrix used a V846 Vox wah at Woodstock.. Nothing Special.

• Members

Return the wah if you think it's not working right. Tip: To adjust the sweep open the wah and change the position of the Pot to the stationary teeth. Find the position best for you with more lows less high.

Hendrix had his Univibe on all the time at woodstock. That's what's making the watery, fluid sound. :)

• Members

i did more the pot inside to MATCH it up with the sweep cap so it has the biggest range but it still has a problem of when you try to move the pedal back and forth FAST or try to hit a guitar note hold it , while holding the note use the wah wah pedal to sweep it

Trying to do CREAMS white room moving the pedal back and forth like that and then creams white room tremolo wah it can't do that at all

what is it lacking that is can't do that kind of sweeping ?

• Members

where u see the cylde picture at on the woodstock DVD?

I don't see it saying McCoy on the bottom of his wah , which song and video shot?

Listen to me...I will not repeat myself. Hendrix used a Vox Picture Wah at Woodstock. In one of the outtakes you can see the picture on the bottom plate clearly. Despite all that,anyone that knows anything about vintage wahs can tell you the Woodstock wah is a Picture Wah. Picture wah had a Chrome Top with Vox cut out in the Treadle and had No Front badge/Logo..The only other Vox type wah that way was the Top Badge Crybaby and the King Vox..You need to stop asking question about shit you don't know and then argue about the answer.. You are wasting my time and the forums..Are you writing a Book? are you trying to be a wah Guru?? If not fuck the Dunlop(decent wah) and buy an RMC Picture Wah..IT nails that sound and the inductor will give you that resonate peak you are searching for..:badump:

• Members

Listen to me...I will not repeat myself. Hendrix used a Vox Picture Wah at Woodstock. In one of the outtakes you can see the picture on the bottom plate clearly. Despite all that,anyone that knows anything about vintage wahs can tell you the Woodstock wah is a Picture Wah. Picture wah had a Chrome Top with Vox cut out in the Treadle and had No Front badge/Logo..The only other Vox type wah that way was the Top Badge Crybaby and the King Vox..You need to stop asking question about shit you don't know and then argue about the answer.. You are wasting my time and the forums..Are you writing a Book? are you trying to be a wah Guru?? If not fuck the Dunlop(decent wah) and buy an RMC Picture Wah..IT nails that sound and the inductor will give you that resonate peak you are searching for..
:badump:

Walters is a troll

• Members

I won't argue about the Picture wah at Woodstock,you're probably correct.Concerning clapton's sweep and frothy wah tones on White Room,wasn't that in fact,an Italian Crybaby? Is there a current boutique version,replicating that sound??

Hard to say exactly if it was a Vox or Crybaby.I really don't know for sure. Chances are if purchased in USA it was a Crybaby.. Both wahs shared the same Circuit in to the early 70's.

Archived