New TOOL vid.

• Members

Yeah. I think that the problem with a full-length film is funding, according to interviews with Adam and the rest of the band.

December 18th or 19th is the supposed release date for the video's DVD. Its Vicarious. Here is the quote from Blair at toolband.com:

My friends, we can no longer hide the terrible truth. The holidays are rapidly approaching, and with them the NEW TOOL DVD/VIDEO for VICARIOUS is scheduled to be released on DECEMBER 18th (or 19th) and will include an EXTENDED CUT, lots of BONUS MATERIAL and, of course, SPECIAL PACKAGING. Here's a sneak preview of a working still.

• Members
Yeah. I think that the problem with a full-length film is funding, according to interviews with Adam and the rest of the band.

December 18th or 19th is the supposed release date for the video's DVD. Its Vicarious. Here is the quote from Blair at toolband.com:

yes yes yes :D

• Members

way too many parts on the new album sound just like riffs used in previous albums, anyone else think so? maynards lyrics are at his weakest. i think they are tooling us to just make some cash. whats the deal with all that crap that apc released. emotive, amotive. this was one of two modern bands i had faith to never put out crap. once you hit their age, your bone structure stops rebuilding itsself.:cry: im sure the vid will hold up to its hype though. id bet its all done on a computer.:evil:

ill look forward to the new mars volta album. which im glad they opened for apc, thats how i first heard them.

• Members

do they still dress in homosexual hardcore S+M gear?

they kick ass. why not just wear jeans, and play music? they would have been awesome. unless you are a fag and like guys walking around in assless clothes.

at least they dont jump around right? than adam might loose place of the second fret:eek:

• Members

at least they dont jump around right? than adam might loose place of the second fret:eek:

Thats just a lame statement. If I had known that this was going to be a TOOL bashing thread, I wouldnt have started it.

And for the record, Adam is not a novice on the guitar. Of course Im biased, but Ill take ANYTHING he's written over some shred wankfest like Satch/Petrucci. Sure, most of Jones' stuff can be played with relative ease, but less is more, IMO. Not to mention that he has the most amazing tone ever.

• Members
If you're talking about 10,000 days (I'm not sure if there's a newer one), I totally agree. I found it completely uninspiring.

I, on the other hand, find it to be one of the most enjoyable listens in their catalogue.

Yay. Let's all share our perspectives! :love:

• Members

I, on the other hand, find it to be one of the most enjoyable listens in their catalogue.

Yay. Let's all share our perspectives!
:love:

Aenima is definitely my fav, followed up by Lateralus. Maybe I'll give 10,000 days another listen.....I bet I'd like it more if I was still smokin' the dope cause a lot of the songs are really drone-y.

• Members

Yay. Let's all share our perspectives!
:love:

I agree. Fresh sound. Everything sounds great.

Its hard to follow up to an album like Lateralus, which IMO, is one of the most fantastic start-to-finish albums in the history of my ears. Extremely inspiring and uplifting album.

10000 Days just seems like it has more of a frustrated theme. Not as "deep" lyrically. But the songs still carry strong messages.

Anyone check out Nard's Puscifer album yet? Im sure a good portion of it is meant for comedic entertainment. Cuntry Boner is hilarious, and Jones plays a lapdoggy in the vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BY5in8JY0ao

• Members

people often forget that aenima - lateralus - 10,000 days all have re-occurring themes. eulogy = parabola. third eye = rosetta stoned..

people expect a completely different direction with each album, but they all tie together. It's not a bad thing. Makes it interesting.

Archived