Gear Obsession

avapxia

• Members
I honestly don't buy that much gear, but I would estimate that for 2 hours a day I am scanning eBay, craigslist, etc. It {censored}ing sucks.
:(

I check the spam thread here at least every 2 hours, but then again my work is in front of a computer so I gotta have something to do...

Im beginning to realize that eBay prices for pedals are generally ridiculous, I could usually get better deals from guitar center by haggling them...

• Members

I never check the spam thread, it's the one place you're absolutely guaranteed NOT to find a good deal, because everyone here knows what their stuff is really worth. Ok...maybe I'd check it for trade opportunities.

I have found plenty of good deals there... people here know what gear is worth, people on eBay know what the MSRP is and so they guess what it's worth, and people place stupid bids just to win the auction that push the price over the true value.

• Members

what i occasionally do is.. i make a draft/drawing of my current setup on paper, for example, boost > feedback loop > etc. etc. then i begin to realise it's not enough and i need something more, then spend a huge amount of time searching for something would fill the missing holes out.

but the thing is it never works out. haha. :cop:

but it's fun at least. but i suppose i feel like i spend too much energy on gear rather than concentrating on writing/playing music.

Archived