YAY my first ever 'real' amp day!! (much happiness)

melx

• Members

:wave:arrived 20 mins ago:love:.....thought i'd post this then go and play with pedals through it!!:) I gave it a little crank.....oooo sweet!!:love: The amp is a 2x10" and the cab at the bottom is a 1x12":cool:....I gotta get some white chicken heads for it!!! :D The cab is the same size as the combo...the wierd angle makes it look smaller!!:):love::D

SL270407.jpg

• Members
NICE
:love:

I really like Laneys. I had a 15 watt Laney a while back which sounded great (I forget which model exactly).

You say it is your first real amp - what were you using before?

cheapo second hand Marshall SS & an old knckered Marshall Valvestate...neither sounded that great!! this is my first all valve tone machine!! :)

• Members
Thanks, it's a Squier Jagmaster...the new one with the short scale..I love that too!!
:)

Awesome! I love the simplified controls and the standard (re: reliable) tremolo. I'd rather it had soapbars, but hey. What are you gonna do.

So what does the amp sound like?

• Members

Awesome! I love the simplified controls and the standard (re: reliable) tremolo. I'd rather it had soapbars, but hey. What are you gonna do.

So what does the amp sound like?

I don't really know what to say because I only have those {censored} marshalls to compaire it too....I guess 'clear' is the big difference I hear, even with the gain channel cranked it still sounds 'clear' if you know what i'm saying...you can hear all the strings ringing out even with distortion.

• Members

I don't really know what to say because I only have those {censored} marshalls to compaire it too....I guess 'clear' is the big difference I hear, even with the gain channel cranked it still sounds 'clear' if you know what i'm saying...you can hear all the strings ringing out even with distortion.

Is it the LC15? If so, I've heard the're very Vox-like.

Looks teh sex by the way. I think I'm gonna have to buy some sort of 15 watt combo with matching extension cab before too long...

• Members
Is it the LC15? If so, I've heard the're very Vox-like.

Looks teh sex by the way. I think I'm gonna have to buy some sort of 15 watt combo with matching extension cab before too long...

it's a VC30. but they do a VC15 too....yeah it's kinda voxy, but without the blue speakers it's kinda half way there I guess....a little more modern sounding maybe, i'm not really sure.

it Class A and has EL84 power valves and ecc83 pre amp valves, if that will give you any idea. Jensen speakers in the amp, and I'm not sure about the cab because it's a closed back, I'll look later though!! :)

• Members

I also used to have a Jagmaster (in candy apple red) and it's a great guitar. Sold it years ago when I needed the cash, but it was great. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on another, actually, but they were discontinued not too long after they came out. Did they ever re-issue it?

yes mate you can buy them again now, I got mine from Thomann for

• Members

thanks everyone...man it sounds great with a big muff, almost sounds like a different pedal from what I had before! loads of bottom end coming out of the closed back 12" and sparkly highs out of the open back combo with two 10" speakers, it's a really nice combination.

:thu:

anyway I'll stop banging on about it now, as you can probably tell i'm pretty happy with it!! :lol:

Archived