Amps

TheHarakiriEnd

• Members

Well I basically have my guitars set (except for the 62 Jazzmaster, and Esquire). Now I need to pick up a few new amps. Right now I use a Carr Rambler which is my main amp for clean, and a 4 x 10 Bassman that I use for my dirty channel. Heres what I am thinking. I am planning to buy a couple of the Sound City amps just because I can get them at a really good price. After that I would like to buy a Two Rock and a Dr.Z (the Z for break up/lite dist. and twang). Do any of you guys own one of these amps? I would post this in the amp forum but I value you guys opinion more.

• Members

hmm... I don't think I said that. I just paid off my home and have been strapped for cash for along time (before this summer I haven't been able to buy anything for my guitar in about 2 1/2 years). So now before I buy another home or something I want to buy some things I've wanted for along time. Right now I feel very happy with my guitars, and if a friend of mine didn't have the Jazzmaster, and Sound Cities I wouldn't even consider them, but since I could get them for a very good deal. If I decide I don't need them I could just sell them and make some money. The reason I bought the Carr was because that was the type of amp I played at the namm show when I decided to buy a Klein, and it's great for jazz. However now I am playing with a couple of bands (rock) that use different practice spaces, and I really don't want to drag amps/guitars all over town 2 and 3 nights a week. Not only that but I have spent a good bit of money on guitars and effects already, and I just feel like I am lacking in the amp department a little compared to the rest of my gear.

Archived