Anyone use an Arion SMM1 Metal Master?

Mister Crow

• Members

Just wondering if anyone ever used this pedal. I picked up an Arion Stereo Metal Master, made in Japan, today at a pawn shop for $15.

I know they reissued this, but this is an older Made in Japan one. I have to say, it's pretty dam good. Real nice low and high EQ, with a ton of volume on tap.

I'm a classic rock guy, but I like to have one heavier type pedal around just for the hell of it. This thing beats the Boss Heavy Metal and Metal Zone by a mile, as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty dam cool and very dam cheap.

• Members

I have an old Arion distortion pedal thats MIJ too. It really is suprising how good it sounds. Just as good and better than other mass produced distortions. Mine was free. Someone left it in my basement.

I wonder how the current Arion Tubulator sounds?

I can't vouch for the Tubulator myself, but I love my Arions. I own three-The MOC-1 Octave, the SCH-Z chorus, and the DDM-1 Digital Delay. The only issue I have with them is a slight bleed-through on bypass when I put them in the effects loop and the fact that the chorus has some background static. However, none of these issues is bad enough to make me even want to replace them, let alone stop using them.

I love cheap pedals.

Archived