Tell me about some really heavy fuzzes

LawnPlower

• Members

the tonefactor/sinister analog Ultralord is damn heavy. it tends to oscillate when you aren't playing, though so be warned about that.
the Malekko B:assmaster is heavy as hell & you can mix in some octave to the fuzz.
the D*A*M Meathead is great, too.

• Members

The tuning would def' explain why my FZ-2 does not come out as heavy sounduing.

I know don't worry, i love the fz-2 but it feels too much like copy-ing Electric Wizard's sound and im looking for something else ;)

EDIT : i misread your post thinking it was directed at me sorry :p

• Members

Where can i find this ?

http://www.pedalgeek.com

Others to consider:

Fender Blender

Foxx Tone Machine

Euthymia ICBM

Barber Trifecta!!!

Black Pearl Distortion (A clone of the Way Huge Swollen Pickle)

Wren and Cuff Pickle Pie (Another clone of the Way Huge Swollen Pickle)

Barge Concepts BB-jr

Barge Concept BP-1 (Which I have for sale $105 shipped, check out Fatback's video on Google)

• Members

• Members

Sonny Bluebeard Fuzz

dont expect ANYTHING soft out of it, though, that fuzz was made to slay, torture, maim, brutalize and destroy...

it'll keep ALL of your tone if youre using a bass...

google for it... you'll have to go to the guys' site and ask him to have one made for you.
it costs 160$ shipped and its worth every single cent... i never ever heard anything as good as it, and ive heard all the big muffs (including the old ones), fulltones, t-rex's, bosses... nothing even comes close... i'm gonna get mine as soon as i can...

• Members
I know don't worry, i love the fz-2 but it feels too much like copy-ing Electric Wizard's sound and im looking for something else
;)

EDIT : i misread your post thinking it was directed at me sorry
:p

Well dude, the only way you're going to copy them is by tuning down that low. You'll sound exactly like them, no doubt. It's just impossible not to since you're tuned down so low that a lot of dynamics are lost since you're so god damn bass-y. Using E or C standard you can easily dial in your own tone, but along those same heavy awesome octave-y fuzz sounds.

• Members
I'm looking for a really heavy fuzz, The "Doom-y we are here to move mountains" type of fuzz
;)
Im talking Electric Wizard, Sleep,toner low, etc Something gritty and heavy.... that is not the boss fz-2
:)

I don't intend to be sarcastic in saying this, but trying to find a fuzz pedal that will make you sound "Doom-y we are here to move mountains" is a bit like trying to find a microphone that will make you sound like Chris Cornell, or a brand of drum-heads that will make you sound like John Bonham, or a pen that will help you write like Jim Morrison. Does anyone else agree with me that context is about 90+% of the effectiveness of any effect?

That said, there have been some cool fuzz suggestions here that I've never heard of; but after listening to some of the soundclips, I don't find anything inherently "heavier" about them than any other of the 1,000 fuzz pedals circulating on the internet. $.02

• Members

I don't intend to be sarcastic in saying this, but trying to find a fuzz pedal that will make you sound "Doom-y we are here to move mountains" is a bit like trying to find a microphone that will make you sound like Chris Cornell, or a brand of drum-heads that will make you sound like John Bonham, or a pen that will help you write like Jim Morrison. Does anyone else agree with me that context is about 90+% of the effectiveness of any effect?

That said, there have been some cool fuzz suggestions here that I've never heard of; but after listening to some of the soundclips, I don't find anything inherently "heavier" about them than any other of the 1,000 fuzz pedals circulating on the internet. $.02

i agree to an extent. I don't think you can use something like the fuzz factory though for anything though. The Big Muff has an inherent dark heavy sound to it, but tuning down with it (in my experience) kinda makes it sound {censored}ty. I feel like some pedals you can do just about anything you want with, but there are some that are pretty limited.

But you're right that there isn't a pedal that can just do a specific "good" sound.

• Members

I don't think you can use something like the fuzz factory though for anything though. The Big Muff has an inherent dark heavy sound to it, but tuning down with it (in my experience) kinda makes it sound {censored}ty. I feel like some pedals you can do just about anything you want with, but there are some that are pretty limited.

And I agree that some fuzzes are better than others for specific applications; but again, the usability of any effect also depends on your pups, your amp, your EQ settings, the rest of your signal chain, the room you are in, the musicianship, etc...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived