Danelectro Sitar Swami, gimme the lowdown

Chaos Realms

• Members

Probably wont find any clips - pretty much known as a complete bust/dud of a pedal. Even my drummer who just plays around with the guitar was amazed at how crappy the thing was.....He bought one and felt completely ripped off....Doesnt sound ANYTHING like sitar.

• Members

You mean the "let down"... right?

Seriously though... didn't have a built in flange sound along with the sitarish sound? If that's how I remember it correctly, then I really liked it besides the flange...

Okay... yeah, just listened to the sound clips... really like it except for the god damned flange.

You an get a similar sound using an octavia (or octave up and fuzz) and a delay set to a very short delay time with minimal feed back.

• Members

Thanks, interest=killed. I was really only considering it for noise purposes, but I have plenty of flange, pitch and delay options available already, and it seems like it's just an odd combo of those. The Holy Stain seems like a much better choice for similar $$ if I want more. :idea:

• Members

I'm pretty confident I'm the only person on this board who not only owns one, but also has it in my signal chain. Here's my 2 cents: Do not buy it if you are looking for a sitar sound. If you want a sitar sound your best way to go is to get a guitar synthesizer with a sitar sound in it's digital library (GR-20=kickass). However, if you want to make some strange noises, the Swami might be for you. It sounds like a dirty flange and depending on how you set it, it can make a kooky sounding garbled modulated noise. I prefer it with single notes as opposed to chords, but it can handle either. It's not great for fast passages as you need to give your notes a little breathing room to let the wierdness really take shape. I think this pedal probably would have been more popular with a different name. I have a feeling a lot of people never get past the fact that its called a sitar swami and sounds nothing like a sitar. If you can get one cheap, I would say it's worth messing around with.

Archived