Reverb Pedal Options?

gambit

• Members

keeping it on the low-medium budget... ie not a T-Rex room-mate, nova delay etc, what reverb pedals are widely available new or used that i should check out?

i currently have 2 marshall reflectors, have owned an RV-5, tried a digiverb and several racks (ART, Zoom etc).

i had the RV-5 for a while but got rid of it after i found a far less fake/sterile sound in the RF-1. the digiverb seemed to have that same digital sterility of the RV-5.. so who else makes reverb pedals that i can try?

i use the RF-1's for hall and spring 2 (sping/plate mix) with high length settings, and rolling off high end tone - if i can get a reverb pedal with low and high filters that would be even better. i don't really need short slap-back style amp reverbs.. i need it long and lush.

any suggestions?

• Members

i love the Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay... i believe its the best reverb pedal boss has ever made... theres a guy selling it in the spam thread selling one for 100$ shipped, amazing opportunity... i actually like it even more with bass then with a guitar, but it sounds awesome with both...

its on my GAS list... bt the guy wont sell it to portugal, otherwise i'd buy it...

• Members

I just got a rack reverb, a TC M350 that i stick on top of my amp at the end of my pedal chain, sounds absolutely great through an Ampeg j12 i've got lying around the house. I can't imagine how excellent it will be through my '65RI Twin.

I'll have to agree with the sterility of a lot of pedals. If you want great reverb you're going to have to spend a pretty penny.

• Members

I just got a rack reverb, a TC M350 that i stick on top of my amp at the end of my pedal chain, sounds absolutely great through an Ampeg j12 i've got lying around the house. I can't imagine how excellent it will be through my '65RI Twin.

I'll have to agree with the sterility of a lot of pedals. If you want great reverb you're going to have to spend a pretty penny.

i don't really want to go back to using any rack stuff if i can help it.. how do you switch it in and out? do you have to have a midi switcher aswell?

• Members

i love the Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay... i believe its the best reverb pedal boss has ever made... theres a guy selling it in the spam thread selling one for 100$ shipped, amazing opportunity... i actually like it even more with bass then with a guitar, but it sounds awesome with both...

its on my GAS list... bt the guy wont sell it to portugal, otherwise i'd buy it...

i doubt he'd ship to the UK either then.. plus i don't want to be raped by customs charges. i'm playing the old waiting game for one to come up on ebay that doesn't go above

• Members

Gambit, I'm in the UK(sort of) and I picked up a Berhinger Digital Reverb for cheap. Don't be put of Behringer, it's REALLY GOOD sounding and got good reviews here too. It's the best option if you don't have much to spend. It's not quite as good as Verbzilla in terms of options, but there's not a massive difference in sound quality.

Super duper recommended.

• Members
Gambit, I'm in the UK(sort of) and I picked up a Berhinger Digital Reverb for cheap. Don't be put of Behringer, it's REALLY GOOD sounding and got good reviews here too. It's the best option if you don't have much to spend. It's not quite as good as Verbzilla in terms of options, but there's not a massive difference in sound quality.

Super duper recommended.

I'm pumped about this review. :thu: I just got mine in the mail today, and I waiting to go home and try it out.

To Gambit, why do you need more reverb than can be provided with 2 RF-1's? :idk:

• Members

I might give that behringer a try out of sheer curiosity.. i plan on trawling a couple of towns before my annual holiday is finished this week.

re the verbzilla and holy grail.. i hate the holy grail. way too limited and doesn't sound at all as good as people make out. i've tried it 3 times now, and every time i think its one of the most over-priced in the EH series.. sorry! :)

the verbzilla.. i've owned a few of the tonecore (kept the roto), and tried my old band mates verbzilla once. it reminds me a lot of the echo park. it can do a lot of stuff, but it just didn't sound good to my ears. i may try and borrow it for a short time to give it a proper testing, but i'm pretty sure its that sterile digital sound.

just reading the RV-2 reviews. it sounds great. a lot of people saying "way less digital than the RV-3/5" and better reverb than the RV-3.. might have to check the used prices on them since they should be considerably cheaper than the RV-3!

• Members

i don't really want to go back to using any rack stuff if i can help it.. how do you switch it in and out? do you have to have a midi switcher aswell?

I leave it on pretty much the entire time, and don't really change the settings much during songs. It's got a number of knobs on the front of it for easy control, and if i want it of for any particular reason, I just turn the knob to "off", and it's easily accessible as it sits on top of my amp.

If I need an on/off reverb I've got an EHX Holy Grail, it's just not in the same league as this rack unit.

And I'll agree with everything said about the verbzilla, it's far far far too digital sounding for my liking. The other guitarist in my band uses one for huge washes of reverb when he's using a bow and that's all it's really /great/ for. Anything else, the playing just gets lost in the mix. (and we both play Twins, I often ask myself how getting lost is possible with these amps)

• Members
To Gambit, why do you need more reverb than can be provided with 2 RF-1's?
:idk:

haha.. um.. its complicated. i might consider letting one of the RF-1's go if i can find something equally as good but with a different flavour.

on the other hand, i'm sure i could find a use for another. in the fx loop of my amp i currently have two line selectors switching in and out 2 delays, 2 phasers (in each loop) plus a looper. so ideally i want a reverb in each loop and maybe even a 'global' one or maybe a reverb pre and post delay pedals for different sounds.

That's before i even look at adding the rest of my pedals into the front of the amp. in fact a pre-distortion reverb would be useful too. you can probably tell i have a delay/phaser/reverb addiction right?!

• Members

I've had my Digiverb for a few weeks now - so far I dig it a lot. I especially like the Spring, Church (think Verbzilla "cave") and Hall settings. The reverse reverb is fun too, good for some MBV type sounds. It can just sit there in the background doing its job very subtly, or create huge walls of ambiance or splashy surf sounds.

• Members

it really isnt comparable.... its much much better...

do you have an RV-2? how does the pre-eq work exactly?

is it eqing your whole signal before its reverbed, or just the reverb signal? ie does it act like the tone on the RV-5 or is it something different?

(the RV-5 shelves high or low frequencies when you go left or right of 12oclock)

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Behringer-Digital-Reverb-DR100-Guitar-Pedal-L-K_W0QQitemZ290171589019QQihZ019QQcategoryZ41415QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very cheap, very badass.

http://www.dv247.com/invt/34426/

If you want, I can take some sound samples tonight since it seems impossible to find any for any Behringer stuff online. What kind of settings should I use? Though drive wise I only have a Turbo RAT(which is pretty versatile though), Fuzz Factory and an ODR-1 (basic, gritty amp overdrive). I have a Washburn WG587 which has a fairly nice clean tone. I also have a Small Clone, Red Witch Moon phaser...

• Members

do you have an RV-2? how does the pre-eq work exactly?

is it eqing your whole signal before its reverbed, or just the reverb signal? ie does it act like the tone on the RV-5 or is it something different?

(the RV-5 shelves high or low frequencies when you go left or right of 12oclock)

i dont own one... the guy in the store near me had one, he sold it, i was to buy it, but it was soooo expensive... sounded much fuller and warmer!

• Members
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Behringer-Digital-Reverb-DR100-Guitar-Pedal-L-K_W0QQitemZ290171589019QQihZ019QQcategoryZ41415QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very cheap, very badass.

http://www.dv247.com/invt/34426/

If you want, I can take some sound samples tonight since it seems impossible to find any for any Behringer stuff online. What kind of settings should I use? Though drive wise I only have a Turbo RAT(which is pretty versatile though), Fuzz Factory and an ODR-1 (basic, gritty amp overdrive). I have a Washburn WG587 which has a fairly nice clean tone. I also have a Small Clone, Red Witch Moon phaser...

clips would be awesome.

can you do clean guitar with longest hall, eq at noon and effect level at 2 o'clock ish? picky chords and just a ringing chord that i can hear the fade out would be brilliant.

anything after that, turning the eq left or right to show how striong the cut is would be a bonus! cheers :thu:

• Members

sweet. tele neck/mid position would be spot on! mellow but clear :) what tele do you have? i have a cheap thinline copy that i had set up that now plays and sounds as good as my other guitars 3 times the price! looks damn cool too.

• Members

I have an early 90's MIM Tele, which has been upgraded quite a bit...

Begin with a Warmoth neck -- maple bird's eye wood. Looks amazing! I also installed a Guitar Fetish fat body neck pickup and a little 59's humbucker in the bridge. Brand new vintage style bridge and an upgraded input jack. Overall the guitar is very clear and has some heft to it. :thu:

• Members

Here you go -

http://www.box.net/shared/njqbslzkoj

Sorry about the noise - couldn't set up my MIC properly so had to use my Laptop's internal one. Also keep in mind it'll be a lot less muddy in person for that reason. Loud reverb tends to go fairly muddy when improperly mic'd. Though actually that's something to watch out for.

Gives your distortion a nice CLANG actually. Haha. Guess I inadvertently found my clang pedal.

Archived