5 reasons why I like hip hop/rap

SpectralJulian

• Members

kanye west sux

the best rap song ever is by Dr Dre and Ice Cube and it's called "Natural Born Killaz"

I don't really like Kanye's personality, but he makes {censored}ing awesome music.

Graduation is really good.

and BTBam said all that needs to be said about hip hop.

Wu-Tang FTW

Jay z is amazing as well

• Members

I don't really like Kanye's personality, but he makes {censored}ing awesome music.

Graduation is really good.

and BTBam said all that needs to be said about hip hop.

Wu-Tang FTW

Jay z is amazing as well

You really need to be exposed to a lot of hip hop if you honestly think Jay Z is ''amazing''...

• Members

I need to get more Outkast than just their grammy album, and I need to hear more Gnarls Barkley period.

im not sure which one is the grammy album but:

Aquemini-still gangsta, but they start getting a little more eclectic. my fav.

Stankonia-i guess their biggest album, its really good, and all over the place in a good way.

Atliens-really good! especially if you're cruising and smoking a blunt! both andre and big boi have some of their best verses on this cd. very bumpable!

The Love Below-you have to have an open mind. but i think its great

Spearboxxxxxxx-never really listen to it much, its ok i guess. not great

Southernplaylisticfunkycadillacmusic-i think its their 1st as far as i know, its good. way less experimental than the others. thus its not up there with the rest.

Idlewild-one or ok OK songs. sucks. wish i had my 15 bucks back and i wish andre and big boi would just make an album TOGETHER.

• Members

Saw Lif & Aesop when he was touring Bazooka Tooth. It was killer the two of them are VERY good live & play off each other just like when they guest on each others albums.

Hip Hop is just like any other genre, TONS of great stuff from popular heroes to hidden gems.

• Members

AESOP {censored}ING ROCK, n00bz.

agreed my man!!!

Frankly, i'm a little disapointed in you guys @ HCFX. We are all supposed to know the cream of the crop for any genre. But either way, here are a few hip-hop artists/lyricists/DJ's that EVERYONE here needs to check out.

Living Legends

Murs and 9th Wonder

Jedi Mind Tricks

Jurassic 5

Cut Chemist

Xecutioners

Mr. Lif

Mad Lib

7L and esoteric

Aesop Rock

Aesop

the Grouch

Blackalicious

Anything from Wu-Tang (i.e. Ghostface Killah, Killah Priest, Gza, Rza, Raekwon)

I'll think about some more in a little while.

Archived