Ideal Cab for a DSL50?

telepete

• Members

also in my (probably wrong according to a lot of people) opinion, the speakers are more important than the cab. I'd be more worried about what the cab had inside it, you can get marshall's with V30's and Greenbacks in them as well as the standard ones (some sort of cheaper celestion usually) so it might be worth trying some of the different speakers out.

• Members
Not over here it's not. Marshalls are very reasonably priced here because they originate here. If you add the shipping costs to the Avatar price, it's just not worth doing it.

Good call - didnt consider checking the locale - Nottingham is MUCH different than say, Chicago :thu: :poke:

• Members

You have to really try them out with your head.
I have the DSL50 and use the standard 1960 4x12 cab with 75s in it. The tone is a little more modern and tighter with less mids then my friends 1960 w/ V30s. His cab sounded really nice with good mid warm highs and soft bottom. I also use my others gtr players cab from the 80s. Its the jcm 800 cab and has 65s in it. It is also warmer but less mids then the V30s. More of a fat sound over all. Personally I can live with what i got but I will someday replace the speakers with V30s or heritage.

As for gear I use the following.
Strat w/ Suhr V60lp pups
Les Paul Std w/ SD 59s
Am Tele w/ Suhr SSV hum and Fender Texas Special bridge

Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet Edition
Ts-9 Reissue mod
Rotovibe
Boss CE-5
Dunlop Wah

Archived