Stupidly rare pedal returns to the market

NITEFLY182

• Members

Way cool, but they couldn't get the price under $300??

$570 seems a bit excessive.

Its a chicago iron product. EVERYTHING they make is stupid expensive but theyre also pretty much the only people doing tychobrae pedals and they do a lot more than the octavia which is simple. They also do everything like the originals including the cool redwood boxes. Think of the R&D costs of this not to mention the issue of buying one to clone in the first place. Im not saying its a steal but 1/4 of the price of a vintage one for a clean new pedal with a few nicer features isn't exactly a bad thing.

• Members

Its a chicago iron product. EVERYTHING they make is stupid expensive but theyre also pretty much the only people doing tychobrae pedals and they do a lot more than the octavia which is simple. They also do everything like the originals including the cool redwood boxes. Think of the R&D costs of this not to mention the issue of buying one to clone in the first place. Im not saying its a steal but 1/4 of the price of a vintage one for a clean new pedal with a few nicer features isn't exactly a bad thing.

Don't get me wrong, i think it's awesome, but that's alot of coin to throw around.

For that money I'd rather spend another hundred or so and grab a Mu-Tron pedal flanger.

• Members
I think it sounds like a bad recording but I could see it sounding rad in person. Truth be told, lots of vintage pedals dont sound that great but hype builds them up beyond reality.

Exactly.

I personally don't like the super thin metallic flanges.

I prefer the thick, swirling, trippy flanges. Or, thick and metallic...or thick and jetplane. :love:

• Members

Don't get me wrong, i think it's awesome, but that's alot of coin to throw around.

For that money I'd rather spend another hundred or so and grab a Mu-Tron pedal flanger.

or an amp or guitar...that money is enough to buy a bassman and cab or a used american stat/tele. or a silvertone 1481 and a mim standard strat/tele, if you got lucky, now that i think about it.

• Members
or an amp or guitar...that money is enough to buy a bassman and cab or a used american stat/tele. or a silvertone 1481 and a mim standard strat/tele, if you got lucky, now that i think about it.

Or, a MF "blem" MIM Strat or Tele + a Flanger Hoax that will do more than this flanger could even come close to. :p

• Members

That store's prices are BULL{censored}!!!! Case in point:

I dunno, Ive seen other PQ9s for high prices. The bottom line is this - if you dont like the price, find another one and for the few really high priced pedals on the site, you probably wont find another one any time soon.

Archived