Who has Digitech multi-effects?

Cougarbruin

• Members

RP 50. Bought it because I wanted a range of mods cheap. Limited flexibility, difficult to set the volume consistently. Many horrible sounds. Amp/pick up modelling rat{censored}. Chorus ordinary but flanger, phaser auto wah useful for what I need.

• Members

The RP Series has been around for a while, through multiple generations of technology.

The newest RP series is an improvement over the GNX series in terms of tone quality and processing power. It has kind of a goofy EQ for an amp modeling pedal, but nothing you can't deal with.

The reverbs, modulation effects and delays on the newest RP series and the GSP1101 are outstanding. After fussing with a Pod X3 for a while, the difference in quality between the tone of the Pod X3 and the RP350 is pretty significant. Not a huge collection of effects, but some that are real gems.

The new RP series and GSP-1101 retain a lot of the same effects and amp models and stompbox models from the older RP series (RP50, RP100, RP200, RP300) and the GNX series, but they are much improved in the new units.

• Members

I've been thinking about picking up one of the RP's. I'd love to use it with my pedalboard & tube amps, just for reverb, delay & maybe chorus. But, I'm concerned that even with the amp/cab sims off, the signal is still converted to digital and back to analog. I wish someone would make multi-effect like this with an analog dry signal path. The old Zoom 50X pedals are pretty decent in this respect, when using just the FX.

• Members

I've been thinking about picking up one of the RP's. I'd love to use it with my pedalboard & tube amps, just for reverb, delay & maybe chorus. But, I'm concerned that even with the amp/cab sims off, the signal is still converted to digital and back to analog.

They still do.

Even on my old RP5, it colors my tone a little.

I'd say about 90% of the original tone is there, and it gives it a little bit of a digital sound.

And, there always seems to be some noise gate running.

• Members

My brother has had an rp7 for a good 10 years, it's beat to holy hell but still works great. I got a used rp100 on ebay once and it quit putting out sound for me after a few months. I have an rp150 now that works and sounds great, but I still like my Yamaha Magicstomp better (cooler presets).

• Members

I had an RP350 for a short time. For what I used it for it was good. It gave me a good idea of what single effect pedals I wanted to buy. The majority of the presets were subpar, but you can download some user made presets from the Digitech site, or make some of your own. The onboard tuner was quirky and from what ive read, most people dont use it.

• Members

Just picked up a GNX3 for $100 from eBay. Already have a GNX2. The amp warping feature mixes two amp models. That and the programability make it easy to get good tones. You need to use midi cables as it doesn't have usb. Analog or SPDIF audio outputs only. The RP series can record USB. I picked up the GNX3 for the recorder feature. The GNX2 doesn't have it.

• Members

Digitech's new GSP1101 here!

Here is a link to a short review I made:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1772457&highlight=gsp1101

Here is a link to the ongoing discussion thread for the GSP1101:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761004&page=3&highlight=gsp1101

I definitely recommend you check it out, if this new preamp/multi-FX rack processor falls within your budget. It is simply fantastic.

• Members

I have the GNX 3K and an RP 350... I really like them both... I love the modeling capabilities and really think they are pretty good, but I am not sure if I would use them live but I like taking them to rehearsal studios... they are really cool for the fact that you can put them through an amp and the mixer at the same time with modeling on on the mixer and off in the amp, etc... I really like the RP350 for its portability, the amp pedal and the amp/mixer switch on the back which is really great and easier than the GNX3000.

anything else? I dont really like any of the pre-made patches on the unit, but I have mad some really decent ones myself and I love them.

• Members

I have an rp350 and gig with it on a regular basis. I've never had any probs with the tuner. You just have to get the hang of activating it. I've tried using it with other pedals but it is kinda picky. Right now I have that followed by a dano eq and it sounds great.
I have also used it with no amp/cab models and it also sounds great.
It takes some tweaking but it is a very useful piece of gear IMO.

Archived