Anyone using the Zoom PS04 or PS02

mfergel

• Members

I'm surprised that I've never seen these units before, especially since I have a PFX-9003. That and given that it looks like the PS-02 is already 7 years old at this point. I have a used PS-02 on the way ($60 with 3 additional memory cards). As a sketchpad and practice device, I think this will be awesome. I've been tired of losing licks and ideas all the time. I was also looking at the Boss Micro BR and the Korg PXR4, but I like the idea of having the bass line so that I can program in progressions and be able to practice over the top of them. Would have been nice if Zoom had included the bass and drum feature on the H4.

• Members

I have a PS-02. It sounds good. I don't have experience with other small digital recorders so I can't say if any of the following problems are isolated ones, but:

-it overloads easily, and not all the sounds are equally loud

-the few buttons on the unit make the menus tedious quickly, and there are MANY steps to getting ready to record

-it's hard to get a good sound with a microphone (especially the internal one)...I suspect this is a universal problem though, so I used it from a line out.

I found it easier to use externally processed sounds into the cleanest sound model than to use the internal amp models and effects.

Archived