dont you just love it when you see 2-3 same pedals on a pedalboard?

only_shallow

• Members
Two Cactus Crunches here...

PEDALBOARD102507.jpg

Would that be Cacti Crunch then?

:)

Nope. Cactuses. Also, Octopuses, and Viruses. Latin doesn't do what you think it does :D Nice pedal board, though!

For awhile, I was seriously considering getting another Zoom G9.2tt to run in parallel, but that's hardly the same thing (I couldn't reasonably afford it anyway for what I wanted to do with it). I also wanted to get another Guv'nor pedal since I just love its sound (finnicky to dial in, but lovely when you get it right). However, I've since got an amp with a built-in clean boost, and I was just going to use the other one to go into solo mode and this accomplishes that just fine.

I fail :(

• Members
Actually, I've done this twice.

This was my board back in July...

PEDALS72507.jpg

I'm in a state of constant board flux.

:freak:

Man, if I had all the money in the world (or, really, just more disposable income than your average college student) I could see myself really sinking into pedal lust. I've still managed to go through a good amount, but there are a lot of things I'd just love to try but couldn't possibly afford to be disappointed with. I have mostly stuck with pedals you can get either in a store or online, nothing above $100-150 at the very top end. I need an EQ badly, but I'm still clutching my wallet at the prospect of paying ~$120 for a MXR 10-band EQ... I've heard good things about the Fish n' Chips, and I really don't know how important those extreme high frequency EQ bands are, given that guitar amps and cabinets largely eliminate signal above 5-8khz. Any advice, since you've digested quite a few pedals?

• Members

Played at a gig where the guy from one band had a Pro Jr. and FOUR Ibanez Tube Screamers (all TS-9) that looked to all be set differently and he stacked in various combinations. Mic'ed he sounded pretty decent.

That's wild!

I used to gig with 2 analogman TS-9's. They match up nicely.

• Members

I need an EQ badly, but I'm still clutching my wallet at the prospect of paying ~$120 for a MXR 10-band EQ... I've heard good things about the Fish n' Chips, and I really don't know how important those extreme high frequency EQ bands are, given that guitar amps and cabinets largely eliminate signal above 5-8khz. Any advice, since you've digested quite a few pedals?

Believe it or not, more than 1/2 of the pedals on both versions of my board were traded for.

My wife got me the MXR eq & Nebula for my birthday last June.

She got the MXR used at GC for $40 out the door.

Don't think you need 10 bands, 6 is more than enough for guitar.

And the DOD FX40B can be found for @ $25 used and is just as good as anything else out there.

I'd avoid any small Dano pedal, I've tried a few and was always disappointed.

They're cool bedroom toys but not serious gigging devices.

• Members

My recent post from the Tonefactor forums

"Been on a whirlwind trading binge lately, and I'm slowly getting

where I want to be pedal-wise.

In the last two months alone, this is what I've done:

v1 Crunch Box for Maxon SD9

SD9 for Brotech Fatpipe Pro

Liquid Sunshine for Barge DB2

DB2 for Tonefactor 11

TF 11 for Cactus Crunch

CPD for tea-stain Mule

Mule for Addrock Not So 'Ole Yeller

DLS Chorus-Vib for Boss CE20

CE20 for Barber Small Fry

v1 Blues Pro for Line 6 tap trem

L6 trem for MXR Double-Shot (gonna sell this one)

Semaphore for Red Witch Pentavocal

Tonefactor Omega for Meistersinger

v2 OCD for Donnerboxed Cactus Crunch"

Just to illustrate that trading can get you what you want if you're persistent.

• Members

i once played a gig where these fat balding metal dudes had way too much money to spend on gear.

not content with 3 (count it) 3 marshall heads each to run into a cab, they all had pedal boards the size of football parks one dude had 3 or 4 big muffs and they still got lost in amongst all the other junk.

those themselves wouldn't fit on my board.

• Members

Played at a gig where the guy from one band had a Pro Jr. and FOUR Ibanez Tube Screamers (all TS-9) that looked to all be set differently and he stacked in various combinations. Mic'ed he sounded pretty decent.

SRV used two in line, also. I wish I had two Rats and two DM-2.

• Members
Actually, I've done this twice.

This was my board back in July...

PEDALS72507.jpg

I'm in a state of constant board flux.

:freak:

hmm, 2 ocd's...from a psychology perspect I think this says something about your personality. Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?:poke:

• Members
hmm, 2 ocd's...from a psychology perspect I think this says something about your personality. Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?:poke:

The fact that I used both to acquire gear I really wanted by taking advantage of others' obsessiveness speaks volumes about my personality, don't you think?
:D

Archived