Volume Drop Issues

• Members

I have no problem with owning expensive gear - it's the constant smugness that's annoying.

Sorry if you feel that my confidence in my POV, based on MY experience, is a threat, problematic or annoying for you, somehow.

I didn't, if you go back and read the thread, start up until I was attacked. I find your and the others unprovoked attacks annoying.

Smug, perhaps, but I know what I know, to be true... Once you hear the difference that the gear I and others are using makes, being run the way I am running it, AFTER having used what you guys are using, and running it the way that is typical, the results are OBVIOUS to ANYONE with an ear. That is why this gear is used in EVERY major recording studio around. Not too likely you'll find memoryman delays and holygrail reverbs, as the standard- you know...

YES, it's way expensive... BUT that is just how it is. Some things you can "get away with" not spending the $$$, some stuff you just can't, IF compromise in tone is NOT in your vocabulary. Sorry

The fact that the guys who are on the attack fail to recognize that I offered several suggestions to the OP's thread, that were NOT of the HIGH dollar persuasion... Yet insist on arguing from that vantage point, and started casting personal attacks just makes them look jealous, angry, bitter, envious and/or any number of combinations of all of the aforementioned.

SO, I'll ask AGAIN, what did any of that crap, you guys displayed, contribute to a positive thread for the OP?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry if you feel that my confidence in my POV, based on MY experience, is a threat, problematic or annoying for you, somehow.

I didn't, if you go back and read the thread, start up until I was attacked. I find your and the others unprovoked attacks annoying.

Smug, perhaps, but I know what I know, to be true... Once you hear the difference that the gear I and others are using makes, being run the way I am running it, AFTER having used what you guys are using, and running it the way that is typical, the results are OBVIOUS to ANYONE with an ear. That is why this gear is used in EVERY major recording studio around. Not too likely you'll find memoryman delays and holygrail reverbs, as the standard- you know...

YES, it's way expensive... BUT that is just how it is. Some things you can "get away with" not spending the $$$, some stuff you just can't, IF compromise in tone is NOT in your vocabulary. Sorry

The fact that the guys who are on the attack fail to recognize that I offered several suggestions to the OP's thread, that were NOT of the HIGH dollar persuasion... Yet insist on arguing from that vantage point, and started casting personal attacks just makes them look jealous, angry, bitter, envious and/or any number of combinations of all of the aforementioned.

SO, I'll ask AGAIN, what did any of that crap, you guys displayed, contribute to a positive thread for the OP?

I'm sure the switching system that you've got rented out is very nice, but it's hardly a practical solution for 99% of musicians. I'm sure it's great if you're touring hardcore for most of the year. Seems like overkill for most folks, though.

Tonally, sometimes you get a better effect with buffers, sometimes with true bypass - it really depends on the rig.

• Members

Tonally, sometimes you get a better effect with buffers, sometimes with true bypass - it really depends on the rig.

Yes, all of those are considerations that should be taken into consideration, to truly personalize one's rig, and to me- that is part of the fun... Discovering the interaction of different gear with a given amp in different configurations. Through that process, comes a much deeper understanding of what is possible and what is preferred.

I much prefer this type of discussion with you, and offer a truce from one player to another.

Archived