Recommend an articulate, dynamic fuzz?

stent

• Members

I have a big muff and i don't like the super compressed sound for alot of applications. I also have a fuzz factory and I like alot of the sounds i can get with it, they sound more articulate than the big muff if that makes sense, but alot of these sounds oscillate when you stop playing. This is good sometimes but i'd like a fuzz which could sound articulate and dynamic without the crazyness (messing with the gate and compression knobs changes the sound too much).

Any recommendations?

• Members

French Fries = Autowah.

The clips I've heard of the French Toast are Big Muffy, and the octave effect isn't very pronounced.

Get a monsterpiece! NPN

sounds like a good plan.

don't buy a dano french maid if you want an articulate, dynamic fuzz.

• Members

I also have a fuzz factory and I like alot of the sounds i can get with it, they sound more articulate than the big muff if that makes sense, but alot of these sounds oscillate when you stop playing. This is good sometimes but i'd like a fuzz which could sound articulate and dynamic without the crazyness (messing with the gate and compression knobs changes the sound too much). Any recommendations?

There's a Fuzz Factory setting from the List you should try. It does not squeal and gets lighter fuzz tones by turning down your guitar volume. :)

Clean up Fuzz-7-7-3-5

• Members
The clips I've heard of the French Toast are Big Muffy, and the octave effect isn't very pronounced.

I've owned both and they don't sound much alike at all- the French Toast responds to picking dynamics better IMO and isn't as boomy sounding as a Muff. The octave works best on neck single coils w/ the gain turned down to 8 or 9 o' clock. Muff is gone, but the FT is a keeper...

• Members
I'm basing it on clips I heard online. I recall it having that thick scooped sound.
:idk:

Never had a chance to try it out...

I think it leans to the trebblier side of things, but yeah it definitely can be very scooped sounding depending on how you EQ it. I would describe as not as thick as a Muff, but more articulate. Definitely a huge bang for the buck :thu:

• Members

I have a big muff and i don't like the super compressed sound for alot of applications. I also have a fuzz factory and I like alot of the sounds i can get with it, they sound more articulate than the big muff if that makes sense, but alot of these sounds oscillate when you stop playing. This is good sometimes but i'd like a fuzz which could sound articulate and dynamic without the crazyness (messing with the gate and compression knobs changes the sound too much).

Any recommendations?

I tried out that Big Muff and didn't like that fuzzy sound.

Archived