Digitech TRS-24 vs. TC Electronics G-Major

mfergel

• Members

OK. I know the G-major has some features such as relay switching, uncolored tones, but which is the better unit? The TRS features some effects that the G-Major doesn't but is the sound of the G-Major significantly better?

Nope.

The TSR-24S version is the one to get unless you're comfortable opening a standard TSR-24 up and upgrading the firmware/hardware or the optional PPC-200 card on either. It's one of the best kept secrets in rack MFX...FAR more flexible than a G-Major and IMO, just plain sounds better.

• Members

Nope.

The TSR-24S version is the one to get unless you're comfortable opening a standard TSR-24 up and upgrading the firmware/hardware or the optional PPC-200 card on either. It's one of the best kept secrets in rack MFX...FAR more flexible than a G-Major and IMO, just plain sounds better.

I was actually thinking about doing the update. That's why I was asking before I went ahead and did it.

I know a lot of guys are picking the G-Major because of the relays for amp switching, but I already have an FCB1010, so I have two relays available to me already.

Archived