Fuzz Face/Muff Hybrid Fuzz?

Coolie No.1

• Members

What do you mean by "hybrid"? Germanium and Silicon transistors? A fuzz that will do more than just "Fuzzface" sounds?

I built myself a BYOC Tonebender kit and added a switch to bypass the first transistor stage, which gets you Fuzzface sounds. That's fairly versatile, and within your budget if you don't mind the DIY elements.

The Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz isn't the best fuzz on the market, but it's fairly versatile, and I THINK it fits your budget...

• Members

An used Tonefactor Huckleberry.

It's hybrid Germanium/Silicon Fuzz Face with a Big Muff Tone Circuit. It really leans more toward a Fuzz Face.

I tell you though, look at the new Trifecta from Barber....it's moslty Big Muff oriented, but there is one option that has a bit looser quality that sounds like you could do some FF type stuff.

• Members

I tell you though, look at the new Trifecta from Barber....it's moslty Big Muff oriented, but there is one option that has a bit looser quality that sounds like you could do some FF type stuff.

I have the Trifecta, and it is very Muff oriented. But its also $149 + shipping. :cry:

• Members

What do you mean by "hybrid"? Germanium and Silicon transistors? A fuzz that will do more than just "Fuzzface" sounds?

I built myself a BYOC Tonebender kit and added a switch to bypass the first transistor stage, which gets you Fuzzface sounds. That's fairly versatile, and within your budget if you don't mind the DIY elements.

The Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz isn't the best fuzz on the market, but it's fairly versatile, and I THINK it fits your budget...

I just built a byoc tonebender myself, but didn't do the fuzzface mod (I have a Sunface for that).

To me, the tonebender sounds somewhere between a fuzz face and a big muff. Not sure if anybody else holds that opinion...

• Members

This does the fuzz face / tonebender thing pretty well. I picked up one a month or 2 ago and I'm still diggin it.

Does the fact there's no tone knob limit this pedal?

(I realize the originals lacked it too, but just curious...)

• Members

The Monsterpiece PNP is a hybrid fuzz using silicon paired with Germanium.

He's never really said if that's what he means by "hybrid" or not, though. That's what's usually meant by "hybrid", but it seems more like he wants a fuzz face/big muff hybrid, if such a beast exists....

I'm guessing here....Some clarification on the matter would be groovy, wouldn't it? The OP seems to have disappeared, though.:D

• Members

He's never really said if that's what he means by "hybrid" or not, though. That's what's
usually
meant by "hybrid", but it seems more like he wants a fuzz face/big muff hybrid, if such a beast exists....

I'm guessing here....Some clarification on the matter would be groovy, wouldn't it? The OP seems to have disappeared, though.
:D

yeah, probably sat there laughing as we bang on about fuzz (again!!) :lol:

• Members

Some of us need to have a FUZZ jam!

With like 25 fuzzes to choose from, in a big space with no time limit, no egos and annoying chicks with Rat pedals bothering us.
:freak:

Fixed. :thu:

...just kidding kittie. :)

Archived