"There is a small blemish..."

NITEFLY182

• Members

I still say that SHO's and many boost/fuzz pedals are a rip off. I mean, come on. 180 bucks for a Hammond box, 7 or 8 electronic components, and a switch with input and output jacks. hmm...I can cobble that together for under 40 bucks, easy.

But hey, everybody's got to make money somehow, and if there's someone buying....

sorry to hijack:wave:

• Members

Yeah I mean... the guy building them shouldn't be able to eat or afford nice things like the people that buy his pedals right? {censored} that. He doesn't need health insurance and his kids dont have to go to college. He must be some kind of asshole for designing cool effects and selling them for what theyre worth.

• Members

Yeah I mean... the guy building them shouldn't be able to eat or afford nice things like the people that buy his pedals right? {censored} that. He doesn't need health insurance and his kids dont have to go to college. He must be some kind of asshole for designing cool effects and selling them for what theyre worth.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Members

Prices are about supply and demand, not about welfare. If Zachary Vex isn't able to afford to send his kids to college, it isn't my problem, it is his problem, and he should take a look at his business model.

• Members

Thats not what is being argued, it was merely an example to prove a point. Someone said the SHO was a ripoff. Im arguing that Zach has been selling it successfully for what its worth and that people need to give up this {censored} about "$30 in parts doesn't equal a $189 pedal."

• Members
Thats not what is being argued, it was merely an example to prove a point. Someone said the SHO was a ripoff. Im arguing that Zach has been selling it successfully for what its worth and that people need to give up this {censored} about "$30 in parts doesn't equal a $189 pedal."

People really don't consider that it took brain power/time/whatever you want to call it to make great sounding pedals :rolleyes:

• Members
People really don't consider that it took brain power/time/whatever you want to call it to make great sounding pedals
:rolleyes:

and the fact that there is a demand for his pedals. The man is a genius, not only does he make amazing products, the quality of which is all ridiculously nice, he sells them for what people buy them for.

Zvex has no lack of buisness, and I'm eager to be a contributer to that buisness(when the BOM comes out, and when I can afford a wah probe :) ) Those people selling the Hannah Montana tickets on ebay for like 3000 dollars each aren't ridiculous, they're smart as {censored}. If I had been watching the world and seen that I could make a ridiculous amount of profit on Hannah Montana tickets then I definetly would have bought a lot of them.

....I'm kind of just bitter I didn't get any Hannah Montana tickets. I want a new car

• Members

You mean for what people are willing to pay for.

• Members
Meh, the SHO is a little harsh and broken sounding for me.

Man, have you tried one of these into an old marshall? :p

Oh and for the record I love zvex pedals. The 'components = x so why does it cost y?' argument is silly, if you don't like the price then don't buy them, no one is making you!

Archived