I think something's wrong with me

jake.lind

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You *got* that? "

• Members

"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You *got* that? "

"Blato! Marata! N-*cough* *cough* *murmer*

-Later-

"Did you say the words?"

"Yeah! I mean, maybe not every little syllable, but basically yeah!"

:lol:

• Members
Actually, the entire graveyard sequence is a landmark for over the top cheesy action.

Fo' reals.
:D

Very true!

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures. " :)

• Members

How's the bypass on your pedals? I found that I *hated* my tone with my old pedalboard. The pedals I had sucked so much tone that I ended up playing straight into the amp most of the time.

Now, a few months later, I've replaced most of my board with higher end pedals - all but one are true bypass. My tone is identical with or without the pedals now. The one non-true bypass pedal (My DE7) has a good bypass, so it doesn't cause trouble.

What pedals do you have that you'd be running?

• Members

Right now my chain would be:

BYOC Phaser (true Bypass) -> Marshall Supervibe (I don't think it's true bypass) -> MI Audio Blues Pro (True Bypass) -> SMMH (I still think it's contested whether or not it's a true bypass, but if it's not, it has a very good buffer)

It's not that I don't like my sound with my pedals off, it's just I actually prefer it.

• Members

BYOC Phaser (true Bypass) -> Marshall Supervibe (I don't think it's true bypass) -> MI Audio Blues Pro (True Bypass) -> SMMH (I still think it's contested whether or not it's a true bypass, but if it's not, it has a very good buffer)

It's not that I don't like my sound with my pedals off, it's just I actually prefer it.

I have 15 pedals and I usualy use none.

• Members

If the Marshall Supervibe is anything like the current Marshall pedals, I'd bet that it's sucking some serious tone. I had a Marshall Guv'nor and a Marshall Vibratrem, and they sucked so much tone that I had to take them out of my chain. They were awful. And, of course, the shop I got them from wouldn't return them, or even take them as trade in towards something else. :rolleyes:

As for liking your unaffected tone more, there's nothing wrong with that.

You may also want to change the order of your pedals. I always put modulation at the very end after delay. That way, I can modulate the delays.

I usually go; Drive>Fuzz>Delay>Modulation

Another thing, is the great tone your getting from the amp shinning through with the pedals on? Some pedals seem to alter your tone when they're on - for better or worse depending on the situation.

• Members

I have 15 pedals and I usualy use none.

:thu: Heck yeah! :thu:

At the risk of looking conceited, I'm going to count all of my pedals right here, just because I don't know what I have:

BYOC Phaser

BYOC Ultimate Fuzz

BYOC Tremolo

BYOC Screamer

Boss SD-1

MI Audio Blues Pro

Vox V847

/13 DynaRanger

Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz

Jersey Girl Hustlemaker

EHX Big Muff Pi (Russian)

Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive

EHX Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai

EHX Octave Multiplexer

Danelectro French Toast

Danelectro Fish n Chips

Vox V830 Distortion Booster

17! :eek:

I know I'm missing some, too. What a waste, huh? :thu:

Oh wait! I just ordered a Subdecay F-Bomb!

18!!!

I swear I can stop at anytime.

Archived