thinking of returning RBMP

SG dan

• Members

soo i got a russian BMP a couple weeks ago but now im thinknig of returning it. just doesnt sounds very fuzzy, sounds more distortion.

So im thinking either BMP NYC or fuzz face. Are the fuzz face reissues any good? Adn will these two be more fuzzy than the russian? Im looking towards a jimi kind of sounds.

• Members

If those are your only two options, go for the NYC BMP. It's a great all around pedal, and while it's not exactly a Hendrix-type sound, It sounds very, very good with Hendrix stuff. :thu:

As for the Dunlop Fuzz Faces, I've heard nothing but bad things about them. I was looking at getting one a while back and was advised strongly against it by the guys here on HCFX. There are tons of clones out there of the originals, and from what I've heard, they aren't very hard to build yourself if you have a bit of experience with a soldering iron. Personally, that's the route I'd go for a FF.

Edit; You could also probably get the NYC BMP plus a DIY kit for a fuzz face cheaper than any boutique copy of just the FF. :thu:

• Members

yeah ive had a look at schematics of the origional FFs. with teh money it takes to buy a modern FF i could probably experiment and find out what the older ones sounded like. Im not in a hendrix tribute or anything, but dam i love that fuzz :love:

• Members
yeah ive had a look at schematics of the origional FFs. with teh money it takes to buy a modern FF i could probably experiment and find out what the older ones sounded like. Im not in a hendrix tribute or anything, but dam i love that fuzz
:love:

I actually prefer a Big Muff - even for Hendrix tones. I used an Ibanez FZ7 for a while, which was a much grittier fuzz compared to the BMP, and while I could get Hendrix-like tones with it, I still wanted something else. With the BMP, Hendrix stuff just sounds awesome to me. Super thick fuzz on Purple Haze. Oh yes. :love:

If I were you, I'd return the RBMP and get teh NYC version for now. Then, build a fuzz face clone yourself.

Boutique Fuzz Face clones are what...$150+? After getting the NYC BMP that leaves you with an extra $70. Which I'm sure would buy you a BYOC kit or the components to build your own. :thu:

• Members

yes, that is a very good idea. I will do that defiantely. i actually bought the muff because i wanted the NYC one, but was short some cash. i shouldve just waited. oh well, no real harm done. :cop:

yeah 70$ would be eneough to cover a decent clone of the origional FF. hey, then i would have soooooo much fuzz at my disposal...makes me feel fuzzy inside :thu::love:

Thanks for the advise -anti- :cool:

Archived