I've got a lead on a RE-201 for $250

Destructobot

• Members

Found it on CL. The ad said "needs reconditioned", but it had a pic which looked like it was in good shape. He said he has some extra parts too. I emailed him, and in slightly broken English, he told me it just needs a new tape loop (which he has) and probably could use a head cleaning. The biggest issue is that it's a 2.5 hour drive. He knows what they're typically worth, must have priced it low because it needs a tidbit of work and he's in sticksville. If this is for real though, it's totally worth spending my Saturday afternoon cruising through the countryside to get it if you ask me.

Any particular issues with these I need to be concerned about?

• Members

I'm meeting him tomorrow at 1:00. I'll post some more pics if I end up buying it. Sounds like all it needs is the new tape installed and a new tape guide piece of some sort, which he has. I should be able to get it up and running without too much trouble I'm guessing.

• Members
I'm meeting him tomorrow at 1:00. I'll post some more pics if I end up buying it. Sounds like all it needs is the new tape installed and a new tape guide piece of some sort, which he has. I should be able to get it up and running without too much trouble I'm guessing.

dont think just get it :love:

Archived