I'm not happy with my 535q wah

veil

• Members

What I should I trade it in for? I got it because I was like "sweet, options," but I find I never like the way it sweeps no matter how I set it. I'd rather have something simple and awesome. I want something true bypass, and something less than or equal to its monetary value.

GO :cop:

• Members

Maybe a Vox then, but I don't think they are true bypass.

If you are more into using distortion with wah, you may also want to check out some Morleys

Nah, it would be more a clean/low overdrive affair.

Why oh why isn't the vox TB. Normally I wouldn't care, but too many of my pedals aren't TB and that makes me really sad.

• Members

What I should I trade it in for? I got it because I was like "sweet, options," but I find I never like the way it sweeps no matter how I set it. I'd rather have something simple and awesome. I want something true bypass, and something less than or equal to its monetary value.

GO
:cop:

The Black Cat Moan is one of the only True Bypass Wahs. It has an awesome sound out of the box on the "Classic" setting; but there are still 2 other modes you can select if you really want to, as well as the "Moan" function which gives you an insane sounding sweep.

I Definitely recommend the BCM. Listen to some soundclips on Musician's friend or someplace.

• Members

I love it's sweep and wide array of settings, but i hate the toe down on-off switching system. Or it doesn't turn on-off properly when needed, or you accidently turn it off in the middle of a solo. I only use it for recording because it sounds great. For live i use a Morley BHII. The optical on/off switching is a gigging musicians dream. It sounds real nice and the buffer is real good/no tone sucking.

Archived