Is the Pedal Power 2 worth the extra 60 bucks over the DC Brick?

weebz

• Members

Where are you looking at buying one? I live in Pataskala if you know where that is.... looking for some good shops in Columbus besides The String Shoppe and Guitar Center. Check out my band too, maybe we could play some shows together or something.

I know where pataskala is. I live out in Hilliard. I'm probably going to buy one in the near future.

Check out my band too (sig), sure we can hook up with some shows. Actualy I think we're still looking for an opener for Dec 7th at Oldfields on High if you're interested. We'll probably put 3 bands on the bill.

stay in touch.

• Members

Yeah, I like your band alot. I'm working some recording with the other guitarist tonight, so I'll run it by him (he's the leader/booker). Check out mine too, in my sig. I'll shoot you a PM sometime.

I checked out your band, sounds pretty good. How old are you, you guys look pretty young. If you're under 21 it might be tough to get you on the bill with us at a lot of our regular places.

We haven't been playing very much lately because of a ton of various reasons. 2007 has been a very slow year for us, but we might be able to get something together.

• Members

the voodoo lab does not have 18 volt outputs. very annoying. i like the dc brick better. i own one and i power more than pedals with it. no noise, no problems. i daisy cahin three boss pedals with the boss tunner.

That's why god invented Y-cables - 18v is no problem for the PP2+.

Your Boss tuner is only passing on leftover current to the other pedals - it isn't powering them.

• Members

If you plan on getting the DC brick you might as well get the Gator G-Bus-8-US power supply. Its a really good affordable power supply and you can power 3 18v pedals and 8 9v pedals and its only $79.99. Why did they raise the price on the the brick anyways? Someday i'll get a PP2!:D

• Members

.......i like the dc brick better. i own one and i power more than pedals with it. no noise, no problems. i daisy cahin three boss pedals with the boss tunner.

that doesnt matter, the PP2 costs more and has features not needed by everybody ---- therefore, it is best, and thread should be over. that it doesnt have features quite necessary to some folks (ie: 18v) doesnt mean {censored}all.

it doesnt matter that it isnt a repackaged one-spot and that in fact the design is (significantly) different, or that many, many folks have used it for years without anything but satisfaction --- this is strictly about having more features (needed or not) and less features, and higher price.

• Members

How many 18v pedals do
you
run..?

Do whatever man - I'm not gonna get in a pissing contest with you.

bad bob boost, and a dod 640 modded for 18v (vs AC). so, two 18v, which means four jacks used if i went with a PP2.

that just sounds like a mediocre option at best, using the PP2 cuz its 'best,' while in fact its just another option. 'best' is the tool thats right for the job. but sure, i'd pay an extra buck for a PP2, i'm certainly not against it, but in some/many cases, its the same as the lamborghini-for-commuting kinda thing.

as for the daisy chain suggestion, why would one pay the extra $ for the PP2, and then run it with non-isolated outputs (which are hardly a necessity for all, but seems to get folks all hot and bothered)? at that point, the PP2 seems more like a poser piece (which is fine for many, as much of this pedalboard stuff here is strictly about peacock-ing -- but that aint for me).

• Members

the pp2 is best in probably both principle and practice. 8 outputs is enough for most unless you have a lot of pedals. The biggest selling point is low noise due to it's design. The one spot and dc brick don't offer that. While it is true that they can sound quiet, you will eventually run into a situation where they will failed in this respect, and at the same time, the pp2 will excel here. The pp2 does do 18V. In actual experience, I've never had a 18V pedal. What i do use a lot is 9VAC. I do wish the pp2 does AC. There is a AC version but then i have to buy 2...

• Members

bad bob boost, and a dod 640 modded for 18v (vs AC). so, two 18v, which means four jacks used if i went with a PP2.

as for the daisy chain suggestion, why would one pay the extra $ for the PP2, and then run it with non-isolated outputs (which are hardly a necessity for all, but seems to get folks all hot and bothered)? at that point, the PP2 seems more like a poser piece (which is fine for many, as much of this pedalboard stuff here is strictly about peacock-ing -- but that aint for me).

because you're bitching about taking up jacks and since we all know the brick is a 1spot pretty much... i dont get what you are getting at bro? are you saying the brick is better?

• Members

i want to power about 15 pedals. the one spot i bought hums like a biotch. it was only 20 bucks though. i'm not going to get a dc brick if it's just going to hum the same. you guys recommend the pp2? i was also told something about a power conditioner. not sure what that was all about though

• Members

i want to power about 15 pedals. the one spot i bought hums like a biotch. it was only 20 bucks though. i'm not going to get a dc brick if it's just going to hum the same. you guys recommend the pp2? i was also told something about a power conditioner. not sure what that was all about though

a conditioner is just a really good power supply that give regulated low noise ac power. If you live in a place that has noisy supplies, then it could help. Powering 15 pedals is going to be tough for any supply, and you shouldn't be surprised. The pp2 will probably help, but you'll probably need more than 1. Just saying.

Archived