Looking at some fuzz/distortion pedals...

IRG

• Members

Cool. I think I need it.

it's good to have in your life.

the only complaint most people have about it right out of the box is there is a volume drop, you can remove one capacitor to correct this though. I forget which one it is but I'm sure someone else can step in a say it.

Mine had this done before I bought it(used) and I have no complaints about it at all

• Members

the blue box mod is dead easy...see how to do it here.

Thanks for that. Not sure how dead easy it is for me, but I could see how for some not a big deal. There is a company that sells the Blue Box with the mod done (MohoMods), of course cheaper if you do it yourself. Is the drop in volume all that noticeable?

• Members

Thanks for that. Not sure how dead easy it is for me, but I could see how for some not a big deal. There is a company that sells the Blue Box with the mod done (MohoMods), of course cheaper if you do it yourself. Is the drop in volume all that noticeable?

seriously all you have to do is clip out C11 cap with a little pair of cutters...you can't really go wrong.

• Members

C11! thats it

yeah it is ridiculously simple, nothing I would pay to have done. but I mean you might not think the volume drop is that staggering. I've only ever played mine with the mod done, So I don't know how bad it is personally. I've heard it's terrible from some, not that bad from others.

• Members

C11! thats it

yeah it is ridiculously simple, nothing I would pay to have done. but I mean you might not think the volume drop is that staggering. I've only ever played mine with the mod done, So I don't know how bad it is personally. I've heard it's terrible from some, not that bad from others.

So even I can do it, that's the consensus here? lol. Looks easy.

Archived