Effects used on Radiohead's "Bodysnatchers?"

songsforbears

• Members

there was a thread about this a few weeks ago.

first off, the song is great, its my fav on the album.

and i think we all decided that it was just played through a really tiny amp really loudly with some fuzz, or something along those lines.

• Members

KR, people don't like Kid A> for its trend status. It is a pretty ignorant thing to say. I admire Kid A/Amnesiac for how the band re-invented their sound as something new yet still their own. Not many bands have the ability to do that. Electronic music may not be everyone's cup of tea but to write the albums off as 'trendy' is a bit disrespectful.

But the new album finally manages to merge the electronics with guitars a lot more smoothly than HTTT.

• Members

No, I mean DISLIKING Kid A+ is trendy, not the other way around. I genuinely just don't click with that music. And I do like electronic music, I listen to Depeche Mode, Collide, Diva Destruction, Assemblage 23, Switchblade Symphony(well, kind of). And people seem to forget quite how Electro Muse can be too...

It's not so much to do with it being electro. It's the "Kind" of electro that it is.

• Members

i'm still waiting on the CD to be released. didn't want to download 160kpbs mp3's... i hope its worth the wait!

does it come in anyone's top 3 radiohead albums?.. anyone care to list your fav radiohead albums in order?

as overall album i enjoy listening through:

1 - OK Computer

2 - The Bends

3 - Kid A

4 - Pablo Honey

5 - Amnesiac

6 - Hail to the Thief

those choices involve all sorts of nostalgia and different factors.. but.. that's how lists work i guess.

• Members

i'm still waiting on the CD to be released. didn't want to download 160kpbs mp3's... i hope its worth the wait!

Why not download the mp3s and convert them to wav files or something? Waiting to hear the album on cd seems like a real waste. :poke:

• Members

Why not download the mp3s and convert them to wav files or something? Waiting to hear the album on cd seems like a real waste. :poke:

He's obviously an audio phile yo... 160kbps is still too low for some people. :cop:

I admit I'm having a hard time going below 192 these days... but god damn limited by hard drive space... I always hesitate to rip any higher!

• Members

He's obviously an audio phile yo... 160kbps is still too low for some people.
:cop:

I admit I'm having a hard time going below 192 these days... but god damn limited by hard drive space... I always hesitate to rip any higher!

yeah, i'm not too much of audiophile. i still use cheap guitar cables and that.. but i don't want to listen to my favourite bands music with swishy cymbals and things.

it took me a while to pick up the difference, but try comparing a 160kbps or lower mp3 vs a 256kbps or higher mp3 of the same song and you should be able to hear the difference quite obviously.

converting a poor mp3 to wav isn't going to change that it sounds lame to start with, unfortunately. i have the patience of a saint. :cool:

• Members

I'd put this album in the top 4 Radioheads...

and this after the first few listens I thought that it was the first "meh" radiohead album (Pablo Honey is only poor considering what came later). I love oKC and Kid A from first listen but this was the first grower.

I guess after a 4 year gap there was more expectation...and it does deliver. I just had to give it time and currently I'm devouring it and listening over an dover again much like I did with most of the other Radiohead albums.

• Members

yeah, i'm not too much of audiophile. i still use cheap guitar cables and that.. but i don't want to listen to my favourite bands music with swishy cymbals and things.

it took me a while to pick up the difference, but try comparing a 160kbps or lower mp3 vs a 256kbps or higher mp3 of the same song and you
should
be able to hear the difference quite obviously.

converting a poor mp3 to wav isn't going to change that it sounds lame to start with, unfortunately. i have the patience of a saint.
:cool:

That's cool, different strokes. Personally I would listen to them with a glass up to a wall if it meant hearing new music.

I agree that this album is a grower too, on first listen I was a touch "meh" but it's approaching my top three already. In reverse order, at this time ...

In Rainbows

Kid A

Hail TTT

OK Computer

• Members

converting a poor mp3 to wav isn't going to change that it sounds
lame
to start with, unfortunately. i have the patience of a saint.

Heh, what a bad pun.

I can't tell the difference between a 192kpbs and the original recording. I think that a lot of the information is held between the 160 and 192. The main thing with 128 kpbs mp3s though is of course cymbals and hats. That's all most people really recognise. I quite happily listen to a lot of 128kpbs mp3s.

• Members

OOI, is their new album actually any good? Is it more like OK Computer era Radiohead or just a slightly more interesting evolution of Hail to the Thief? I know that it's the "trendy" thing to do but I genuinely don't connect with Radiohead Kid A and beyond.

just get it for free, or pay them a few bucks. You'll enjoy it. It's not frosted with reverb and delay like OK Computer, but after a few listens you start picking out similarities.

It really isn't the "electronic" radiohead of yore, and it really isn't OK Computer, either.

It's not in between.

It's new, and very fresh, and very hard to describe. However, if I had to compare it to anything radiohead's done before, I'd say OK computer style with much less delay and reverb.

• Members

Ever wonder what Martenot would say if he saw how people were utilizing his instrument today? Think he'd be shocked, or bemused?

I would think he would be pretty pleased with it, Because i had never heard of the ondes martenot before radiohead, and Jonny is introducing it to more people now and he uses it well:thu:

I am sure Mr Martenot would be pretty chuffed:)

• Members

anyone else think thom yorke's singing on 'bodysnatchers' sound like eddie vedder? haha i can't stop thinking this when i listen to it. i don't think he's copying him or anything. just funny.

my current radiohead album ratings: (i love the new album)

1. The Bends

2. OK Computer

3. In Rainbows

4. Hail to the Thief

5. Pablo Honey

6. Kid A

7. Amnesiac

i have no clue what an 'ondes martenot' is, but i think i know what sound you're talking about

Archived