behringer effects pedals?any good?

bmf5150

• Members

The digital reverb is definitely quality enough to record/play live.

People way overstate these things. I played live with a Zoom 606 once, and people loved it(mainly because I was constantly using tremolo, delay, or whammy so you couldn't hear the tone properly, but still)..

• Members

I have the little grey multi-effect one that does pitch shift, delay, trem, flange, phase or chorus. I usually just use it for guitar noise on the pitch shifter setting all the way up, which thins the sound out quite a bit, but I have it in between an RP150 and a Magicstomp, which are also mangling the sound on either end. I've never used it by itself; it's strictly a toy for experimental recordings, so I never bothered to formulate opinions about the bypass, tone suckage, etc.

• Members

Little testimonial here:

I was looking for a cheap fuzzface-esque type pedal to play around with. I got the UZ 100 (apparently a FF clone, but I'm not sure) it, and played around with it at home. It sounded good. at low levels it's {censored}e, but I turned my amp up a bit and it cooks, especially if it has a booster in front of it.

Anyway, I decided to take it to Belgium with me, in a plane, in my stowed luggage. A little scary because it's cheap plastic, but what the hell? it's cheap.

So I get it here. Still works. cool. The place I play has only crappy SS amps, so I figured it would probably sound like ass. But it doesn't. I use it live all the time as my 'solo pedal', and I take it places with me, and it doesn't break, and I get complements on my sound from other musicians all the time.

Last night I gigged with it and some other pedals going strait to the board with no amp or anything. I did use an EQ to tame it a little. My sound was as popular as ever. Nothing but sweet, thick fuzz.

I do a lot of tweaking and tone shaping, so the rig goes like this: comp -> OD -> Behringer Fuzz -> EQ -> (other stuff).

Anyway, for the time being, this is my solo sound. If it breaks, I'll probably get a boutique something or other (Zvex, Monsterpeice, Skreddy or whatever), and buy another Behringer as a backup for that.

The live audiences have spoken. It's good.

Archived