Orange Crush 30r vs Fender Blues junior

Wood Chuck

• Members

if you want a nice dirt, the orange sounds great. For nice bluesy cleans and an amp for breakup go blues junior all the way.

Actually want more loud clean headroom. The EQ on the orange as well as the price, looks, and reverb was great. Cons=ss. BJ, Kinda bright sounding. Pros=tube.

• Members

Actually want more loud clean headroom. The EQ on the orange as well as the price, looks, and reverb was great. Cons=ss. BJ, Kinda bright sounding. Pros=tube.

I just can't see you running any dirt pedals through the orange and getting the results you could get with the blues junior. Only reason I would get the Orange is for that signature orange distortion tone.

Orange will give you the clean headroom though

• Members

I just can't see you running any dirt pedals through the orange and getting the results you could get with the blues junior. Only reason I would get the Orange is for that signature orange distortion tone.

Orange will give you the clean headroom though

Kinda fun to ponder. :cool:

• Members

I think the BJ @ 15 watts of tube is louder than the 30 watt Orange now that I have compared them. Plus the 1x12 in the Fender is more to my liking. Like I say this is just a grab and go that will have a lil juice to cut through the mix with drums etc at medium volumes. Lord knows I have enough amps to gig with.;)

• Members

I don't know much about the Blues Jr., but I own the Orange and it is awesome. The distortion on it is perfect... I've tried the AD15 and thought it sounded bad compared to my 30r. The clean's on it are great too, but as other said, not great for pedals. They will sound decent, but it's not like putting it through a tube amp. Either way, I recommend the 30r highly.

• Members
I don't know much about the Blues Jr., but I own the Orange and it is awesome. The distortion on it is perfect... I've tried the AD15 and thought it sounded bad compared to my 30r. The clean's on it are great too, but as other said, not great for pedals. They will sound decent, but it's not like putting it through a tube amp. Either way, I recommend the 30r highly.

I am actually glad you mentioned pedals. I have not enjoyed my AD 30 or Vox Pathfinder with pedals. Perhaps an SS thing?? I did however think the Crush 30 had a great bottom end for a 1x 10 speaker. Great price as well, still undecided being that it will be strictly for living room light jams.

• Members

I am actually glad you mentioned pedals. I have not enjoyed my AD 30 or Vox Pathfinder with pedals. Perhaps an SS thing?? I did however think the Crush 30 had a great bottom end for a 1x 10 speaker. Great price as well, still undecided being that it will be strictly for living room light jams.

Gain pedals aren't good through it, but delay, chorus, etc. are :love: I'm sad to hear your AD 30 isn't good for pedals, I was considering checking one of those out. For light jams 30R :thu:

• Members

Gain pedals aren't good through it, but delay, chorus, etc. are
:love:
I'm sad to hear your AD 30 isn't good for pedals, I was considering checking one of those out. For light jams 30R
:thu:

I prolly should have said a bit picky. The AD 30 seems to like my TS-9, Direct drive rather well.:thu:

Archived