Ever think Digitech should change their name?

surfcat

• Members

I don't think the company, in its entire history, has made any other all-analog devices. Five sub-50 dollar pedals are probably not a huge revenue generator for them, and they continue to make a bunch of digital machines.

Also, "digital" has become a lot less of a four-letter word. Almost every major amp manufacturer has a line with digital preamps. Maybe a third of the current line of boss pedals are digital. Digitech has been a pretty major player in this trend. And the latest generation of Digitech stuff has been very impressive.

• Members

What non-digital pedals does Digitech even make? From what I've seen, nearly all of their pedals are digital.
:freak:

Their 5 non-X-series single stompboxes are analog- Bad Monkey, Grunge, Death Metal, Screamin' Blues, and Hot Head.

As long as we're talking brand image, here's my take on digitech. I feel like they've been getting their ass handed to them by line 6 for years. They don't have the same marketing power or coolness factor. I think introduction of the GNX series modelers marked the last real solid step forward they've taken as a company.

• Members

The X Deform knob on the Bad Monkey is still digital though, right? Been a while since I tried one. Fantastic pedal where analogue or digital though, my favourite pedal OD.

Digitech make the best digital stomps, or close to it anyway. Digidelay is fantastic for instance. They deserve the title.

• Members

my first pedal was a digitech pds 1550 digital distortion, i used to have a digitech 3 (i think)second delay rack back in the day, then i got the dsp 128 as soon as it came out one of the first multi's. the last i bought from them is the Rp2000 which is built like a tank. imo i have a pretty long history with them.

i know i'll take my wh 1 to the grave with me.

• Members

my first pedal was a digitech pds 1550 digital distortion, i used to have a digitech 3 (i think)second delay rack back in the day, then i got the dsp 128 as soon as it came out one of the first multi's. the last i bought from them is the Rp2000 which is built like a tank. imo i have a pretty long history with them.

i know i'll take my wh 1 to the grave with me.

Even better, you could have someone run the funeral music through one.

• Members

DOD opened digitech as a brand in the 80s because digital was hot then and the name would have more appeal. Ironic huh? Then DOD was synonymous with cheap gear so they put the brand to rest in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Cool, I never knew that. Thanks!

Nah, I don't reckon Digitech should change their name.

Archived