The Space Chorus needs more love

Lanefair

• Members

I only bought one so I could use the dock for an echo park module. But it's actually quite good. It's got regular chorus, tri chorus and vibrato modes, and they've each got 2, 2, and 3 colours respectively.

The speed knob can get into ring mod territory on most all settings. The depth can get stupid. I haven't even tried it in stereo yet, but the vibrato {censored}s on anything else I've tried in stompbox format. It can go a whole two tones up and down, and really slow too, so you can hardly notice the change in pitch. Also the three colours range from triangle wave to square wave to pure sine wave.

Definitely a keeper, even if the module sits in my wardrobe.

• Members

I can imagine these pedals being noisy with a lot of set ups, you really have to use separate power etc to get the best out of them.

They should expand on those modules and bring out some pitch shift stuff and ring mod etc. Ooh and a phaser.

• Members

^^^
Agreed, great pedal. Its a shame that the initial response to these was so negative. Just goes to show how important the power supply is, these tonecore effects expose them. I would love to see a multi effects dock that would house four of these modules. The tap tempo footswitch is genus.

Archived