dark booster?

bluehuricane

• Members

why not get an EQ pedal, so you can tailor the frequencies that get boosted? the Dano fish-n-chips sounds great (really) and it's cheap. at the very least, it would be a good experiment to see if an EQ would do the trick...you could always upgrade later.

• Members

why not get an EQ pedal, so you can tailor the frequencies that get boosted? the Dano fish-n-chips sounds great (really) and it's cheap. at the very least, it would be a good experiment to see if an EQ would do the trick...you could always upgrade later.

I agree. Even if you don't like it for what you need in this instance, you will find plenty of other uses for it.

• Members

i want to push my amp without making it too bright (it's bright enough, being a stiletto ace) so... throw some suggestions at me. sub 100 dollars would be great too!

Love your amp :eek::love::thu:

. . . do try the EHX LPB-1 !

Love mine !

There is NO-BASS drop-off either !!!!

It is way darker than a Micro Amp !

So what Ace do you have ?

Combo ? Head >

Would LOVE to see some pic's as i am looking for a Marshall voiced amp, for my Stoner Rock project, but every guy and his dog has a Marshall - i do not like to follow trends !

Do you know of any clips any where ?

The ones i found on youtube does not give me a good indication of the Marshall-like EL34 crunch that i am hoping for !

Also, whoa much do the heads for for new these days ?

Many thanx

;)

• Members
Love your amp
:eek::love::thu:

Would LOVE to see some pic's as i am looking for a Marshall voiced amp, for my Stoner Rock project, but every guy and his dog has a Marshall - i do not like to follow trends !

Do you know of any clips any where ?

The ones i found on youtube does not give me a good indication of the Marshall-like EL34 crunch that i am hoping for !

Also, whoa much do the heads for for new these days ?

Many thanx

;)

I used a series one stilleto duece in a stonerish project. It has a different vibe then a marshall. The mid range is a lot different and it doesn't have a ton of gain. It sets amazingly well in a band mix though, cuts right through. My favorite setting was to use the clean channel on "fat" mode and then boost it. Not a band amp, but not exactly a marshall sound

• Members

I have the E 13 Dark Boost (actually the first version Sn #001), and modded clones of the LPB. The Dak Bosst is way darker -- almost muffled-sounding. It's geat to add a different texture to your sound. I like to kick it on when I play a trebly set up (tele or strat) into my Marshall combo (70's 50-watt open backed with 2 12's). To me, the old Dark Boost makes my guitar sound like an old Gretsch Anniversary with the tone switch set to cut the treble out.

The LPB is completely different. It makes you sound "thumpy" even through a trebly set up, and it has more gain on tap. With humbuckers, the LPB can sound fuzzy, and with SC's you do get a lot of lows.

They're both excellent pedals.

c

• Members

I used a series one stilleto duece in a stonerish project. It has a different vibe then a marshall. The mid range is a lot different and it doesn't have a ton of gain. It sets amazingly well in a band mix though, cuts right through. My favorite setting was to use the clean channel on "fat" mode and then boost it. Not a band amp, but not exactly a marshall sound

Mmmm, thanx man -- i would have thought that the amp (seein that it is an EL34 powered monster and Mesa themselves say it is Britt-voiced) is Marshall-voiced in nature . . . also, every review that i can lay my hands on, the "satisfied" owner says it is the amp Marshall should have built, and comments to that degree !

Any way, i am NOT looking for DSL/TSL style saturation either.

What i am looking for is an overdriven Bassman tone, that goes into JTM45 territory, and then into a "modded PLEXI" like tone.

I am a rhythm guitarist, so i need my crunch - not too worried about a creeeeeaming lead tone !

Do you think this amp can cover those basis, or am i looking for the holy grail here ?

Thanx for the feedback

;)

• Members

stiletto ace head and recto cab is my set up, the ace can do all of what you said, gets great zepplin tones, all the way to killswitch recto-ish (without the mud) and the crunch setting is great for bluesyer stuff. i haven't found a setting i don't like (minus extreme settings no one could use on any amp) i suggest playing it yourself, cause while myself and a ton of other people love it, there are also a ton of people who hate it. it sounds pretty marshally to me, but definitely with a mesa feel to it. find a mesa dealer and try it out. sounds much better through a 412 than 212 imo.

• Members

i agree with this completely...

Archived