Metal/Sludge Vid

anubae_obcura

• Members

Do forgive the flubs and messes and my ugly mug at first. this is my first video attempt and it was like 4:45 in the morning. Sorry neighbors :lol:

This is in drop c (?) tuning (whole step down then the low e lowered yet another step). Marshall VS8100 clean channel with an EHX Metal Muff...

Let er rip!

• Members

it sounds pretty good... when i saw marshall valvestate i had low expectations (i had a marshall valvestate myself)...

was it recorded loud?... cause i could still hear you strumming on the guitar...

a little over tv levels. and i was sitting close to the camera. the camera's mic is all i had. i turned it up in the middle of the vid but you could still talk loudly over it.

thanks!

• Members

Both the sound and the playing are good.

How do you like the valvestate's distortion? Just curious...

Thank you for the comments!

The distortion alone on the 8100 is great! I have had this amp since 1996 and gone through several (5150, legacy, Carvin MTS) and this one has stayed. I do also own a rectoverb which i love as well!

The best description of the tone is two words: Prong and Death

Listen to those bands and you can hear how awesome this amp can be if dialed in correctly. I love it for low volume stuff as well...really good master volume on it. Hope this helps.

• Members

Thank you for the comments!

The distortion alone on the 8100 is great! I have had this amp since 1996 and gone through several (5150, legacy, Carvin MTS) and this one has stayed. I do also own a rectoverb which i love as well!

The best description of the tone is two words: Prong and Death

Listen to those bands and you can hear how awesome this amp can be if dialed in correctly. I love it for low volume stuff as well...really good master volume on it. Hope this helps.

I'm pretty sure the guy from Prong uses a Marshall MG100 head.

Archived